cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connect Ethernet to NowTV and YouView with a splitter?

For some reason Now tends to buffer or go fuzzy at certain times of the day.

I would like to connect to my BT hub using the Ethernet cable that goes to my YouView and splitting it to my Now box as well using a 1 in 2 out splitter. Would this work? and what splitter, I don't want to press buttons each time I change from one to the other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User keep in mind you can only watch movies on Youview.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User keep in mind you can only watch movies on Youview.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I'm watching the Lions match through Now, but can I use a splitter to connect both please?

Legend 5
Legend 5

You won't be able to watch sports on the Youview box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I've got that, all I want to do is connect both Now and YouView to my tv , couldn't care about watching Now through YouView -- is it possible to use a splitter please? If so which one would you suggest?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Just to check I've got things right, you have a YouView box and a NOW TV Box, the YouView box is connected by Ethernet and the NOW TV box by wifi?

If so there are no 'splitters' for Ethernet along the lines of those little splitters you get for telephone cables or aerial cables. You can buy a simple Ethernet switch for a few quid, which is essentially doing the same job, but they need to be powered.

However if your YouView box is already connected to your BT Hub via Ethernet then I'm guessing they're all fairly close to each other so if there's a spare port on the Hub just connect the NOW TV box direct to the hub with another Ethernet cable.

Alternately if you suspect poor wifi reception is to blame, experimenting with the position of the box, wifi channel of the router, choice of 2.4GHz/5GHz etc may help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy,

Thanks got there,-just what I wanted.