cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  http://www.youview.com/whats-on/ this link show further down the page Now TV.  As you will notice it only promotes Movies.    

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that is a Youview page and Youview own page does describe what Youview offer.

if only Now Tv own advertisements and promotions were as clear as Youview's.

Youview for example promote the Sky Movie pass on demand but not any other component as being available ( and they are not selling the subscription ) whereas NowTV promote the full range with unavailability disclaimers at best in small print and often only listed by accessing secondary points of information  (and they sell the subscription and enter into the contract with the customer)

Given the number of years that have passed it is surprising  that  a more complete on demand service has not yet been provided to Now Tv subscribers on that platform , and indeed that the existing service remains at a fixed SD resolution 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Given the number of years that have passed it is surprising  that  a more complete on demand service has not yet been provided to Now Tv subscribers on that platform , and indeed that the existing service remains at a fixed SD resolution 

As I mentioned before, YouView offer (more or less the same channels as NOW TV via) their own subscription platform.

I seriously doubt that YouView will ever allow NOW TV to run their subscription service in full on their set-top box as well as their own subscription service. As such an implementation would greatly reduce YouView's income!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The reason that we give for our other content being unavailable on the Youview platform is due to rights restrictions , I don't know the exact reason but it could cover many things such as what @SeeMoreDigital has mentioned.

However from a legal point of view our terms and conditions do say the following

"Some content unavailable on some devices, see here."

If you click the link you can then look at our supported devices and you will see a section on that page regarding Youview.

"Watching NOW TV on YouView

You can use your YouView box to watch on demand movies with NOW TV.

Unfortunately live TV channels and on demand TV shows aren’t available on YouView due to rights restrictions."

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hubby is into walking dead ,but it only seems to be on fox in uk,not amc, so just taken out the now tv entertainment package,and discovered via this forum that he cant watch it, 😞 :(, cant watch it on bt tv as they removed fox, so now hubby is gutted,hes waited months for this,and now cant watch it,The only tablets in the house are kindle ones, so cant watch it on that, why dont now tv tell you this before you take out the pass, glad I signed up for the free trial, off now to cancel it, ggrrrr

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Whilst it doesn't help with entertainment not working on YouView boxes, you might want to consider the alternative of buying a Now TV box to watch on. You can buy the boxes with a bundle of 3 or 6 months entertainment which, after taking the price of the passes into account make the box free of charge and cheaper still.

The best prices at the moment look like Amazon where you can buy a box with 3 months for £18 and box with 6 months (which will see you through to the end of TWD S7) for £30.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Let's hope that happens or I won't be renewing my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had Now TV movies which we watch on our youview for a while now. I recently have got the entertainment pass and bought a Now TV box so I can watch some 18 rated things in my bedroom ( I have young children). 

The problem is the new entertainment pass is not appearing on our youview only the movies.

I have tried to find a way to email Now tv but just can't find how to do it.

Maybe one of the Now tv team or anyone else can help?  

I tried signing out and then in again but that did not work.

Many thanks

Arlette

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Entertainment Pass isn't available on Youview because it currently doesn't support Now TV live channels due to rights restrictions.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply,
Much appreciated.