cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up and THEN found out I can't watch live tv programmes on my Youview box, great eh?
Why is this not made clear in the sign up process?

For God sake they are called NOW TV, but do not supply the TV, what the (expletive deleted) is all that about?
If I order from a place called Now Pizza, they don't turn up at the door with chips and say, "You've got the wrong sort of door, so you can have the chips, BUT NOT THE PIZZA, were working on fixing this this, so we can deliver to your sort of door, but, for now, this is all you can have, the price is the same though, even though you're only getting half the meal.

Are these people NUTS?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Hmmm.... For all NOW TV would have known, when you subscribed to their 'Entertainment' service you were going to view it on another 'compatible' device!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So calling something Now TV need not actually mean you can watch it on your TV?
Especially when the site says the service can be accessed by you view and You view has a Now TV app?
Oh come on, I'm not the one in the wrong here, this whole thing is misleading.
Yes I can acess the service on my PC, but when something is call TV, is it too much to ask that it can be watched ON the TV.

Maybe I'm just old enough to remember the days when the name of something actually described what it is and what it does.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you considered it is not fully Now's decision re the app on You view. Many of the channels on Now are available on BT and Talk Talk. Allowing Now would on the one hand discourage some folk from signing up to their TV services. On the other hand Atlantic is an exclusive channel so it is possible Sky don't want BT or Talk Talk customers to access this on equipment supplied by those companies. I am aware that the you view box can be bought as a standalone device, however having two versions of the app would cause confusion. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just put your NOW TV box back where it was - directly plugged into your TV with 'splitter plug' (couple of quid on eBay, with two sockets - one for BT Youview Box lead and one for the NOW TV box lead- ).... 

I just got BT internet (ditched Sky) and I thought it made my NOW box redundant - it does NOT.  I was devastated to see how limited my NOW subscription was via BT Youview, SO, I just done what I done with Sky - plugged the NOW TV box into the back of my TV using a splitter connection as before with Sky. I tuned it into my new BT WiFi and it works exactly the same with all my Apps (You Tube), films and the entertainment package etc. I upgraded my NOW TV to Enteretainment package to make up for the loss of Sky Atlantis (Game of Thrones - ALL series).  So, forget YouView and just put your NOW TV box back in its normal place beside the telly just exactly as it was before BT.  Cheers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

oh wow thanks, so your advice is essentially, use another expensive device or else. thanks really helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Personally i don't bother with my BT YouView box with my NowTV movie pass, due to SD streaming quality and the NowTV UI is so dated and needs a refresh IMO.

At the moment places like Tesco's, Argos and Currys are doing some excellent deals with a nowtv box bundled with an entertainment pass (which may or may not be of any interest to you).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

why is this?

im able to change between watching now entertainment and now sky movies on my iphone

im not continuing with the movie trial

ive already cancelled it but don’t see the point of paying for now entertainment if I can’t watch it on my tv