cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I disagree... As there are plenty of other devices you can use to view the 'full blown' NOW TV service on. Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely. I've just (late feb 2017) bought a youview box, an ents and a Sky sports pass. Plus wi fi extenders to make the set up worked. Gobsmacked to find I can't now access the content. The Youview packaging states quite clearly I can access now TV. I rang the helpline on the packaging to see what I'd done wrong in set up and they told me all my paid for content would be accessible via the programme guide!! Anyway I don't give a toss about the buck passing been BT and Sky, this is a daylight-clear trading standards issue on BTs part and I'm taking it up as a matter of principle. Thing is, the people who work for these massive corporates don't care about the consequences of their actions..if my experience just affected me I'd have simply got my money back from Currys and had my prejudices about corporate cynicism confirmed. But i spent ages sorting the installation out for my brother who has learning disabilities, as he moved into a new home ( very important part of his settling in there) and which allowed him to access the content he needs. Not entirely surprised to come onto this forum and find it's been a known issue for such a long time.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is not an issue in that it is commercial. Some of channels are on Youview via BT TV or Talk Talk. What channels does your brother like? We may be able to suggest ways you can get these simply.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would say that while Talktalk offers a similar package, the lack of Discovery Channel is a major irritation. And I can't watch that on Youview Nowtv.... It appears that the only catch all answer is to pay £4 million a month and subscribe to Sky... 😕
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I would say that while Talktalk offers a similar package, the lack of Discovery Channel is a major irritation. And I can't watch that on Youview Nowtv.... It appears that the only catch all answer is to pay £4 million a month and subscribe to Sky... 😕

@Anonymous User There are plenty of devices that support the NOWTV entertainment pass. 😉

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can understand there are various contractual issues between BT and Sky. They're obviously competing in the same space so there's obviously a bit of friction there. So I can't watch the entertainment stuff from NowTV on my YouView box, not the end of the world, as others have said, I can watch on Chromecast. I've got loads around the house.

Except NowTV restrict that as well. They count each Chromecast as a device which is completely bonkers. So I have my YouView box as 1 device, the lounge Chromecast as 1 device, the bedroom Chromecast as 1 device, and my phone as 1 device. Then my son tries to watch something on his Chromecast but he can't because it won't let me make any changes as I've already made 1 change that month. My daughter also can't watch anything on her tablet also. It's utterly ridiculous. I know I can beg a support rep to give me more changes but why should I have to? I've never had to with Netflix. That wouldn't solve the problem anyway, it's still not enough devices to support what my family uses (YouView box, 4 Chromecasts, 4 phones/tablets).

I'm pretty sure my 3 month special offer is up soon anyway and I can't wait to cancel it. The films available are mostly old and the new ones are generally rubbish. About the only good stuff on Entertainment is Alan Partridge which I've now watched.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Darren

If you really want to cancel your 3 month entertainment pass you should do so now rather than later because if you wait too long you could find yourself paying an extra £6.99 for another month of viewing you don't want.

However, if you cancel your pass now you will still get your 3 months of free viewing without running the risk of having money debited from your account.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can't now tv brand it's own youview box? im sure that one purchased through now tv with there branding just like the roku boxes could be possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was foolish enough to believe the TV advert that said I could view ITV Encore with Now TV.

I am a BT Vision/Youview customer. All I seem to get from Now TV is Sky film channels

This is not wehat I felt I would be signing up for,    Therefor I am now cancelling Now TV. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I was foolish enough to believe the TV advert that said I could view ITV Encore with Now TV.

You can view ITV Encore with Now TV but not on a YouView/BT box, as they offer their own subscription service!

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

If you're still interested here are some direct links to a couple of Argos 'bundle' product offers: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers