NOW TV Box maintenance on 23 August Click here for more info
Champion 1

Re: Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

@eastfellsider it is not an issue in that it is commercial. Some of channels are on Youview via BT TV or Talk Talk. What channels does your brother like? We may be able to suggest ways you can get these simply.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto G5 Plus, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
First Poster

I would say that while Talktalk offers a similar package, the lack of Discovery Channel is a major irritation. And I can't watch that on Youview Nowtv.... It appears that the only catch all answer is to pay £4 million a month and subscribe to Sky... 😕
Elite 3

JosephW wrote:
I would say that while Talktalk offers a similar package, the lack of Discovery Channel is a major irritation. And I can't watch that on Youview Nowtv.... It appears that the only catch all answer is to pay £4 million a month and subscribe to Sky... 😕

@JosephW There are plenty of devices that support the NOWTV entertainment pass. Smiley Wink

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
Occasional Poster

It's basically fraud as this isn't made clear when you sign up.  Have said before but unsurprisingly the post was removed.  I'll give it a day and this one will be gone.

Champion 4

TheWeatherman wrote:

Have said before but unsurprisingly the post was removed.  

Do you mean this post: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/YouView/Cannot-view-Now-TV-Entertainment-on-YouView-Humax-DTR-T2000/m...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Elite 5

TheWeatherman wrote:

It's basically fraud as this isn't made clear when you sign up.  Have said before but unsurprisingly the post was removed.  I'll give it a day and this one will be gone.

Hi @TheWeatherman

Now TV and not in the habit of removing posts @SeeMoreDigital has just proved this above.

It's been known for years that the full now TV service isn't supported on Youview. In fact, it's all over the Internet, and NowTV do mention in various places that the full service is not available on Youview. The help article at the link below being one such place. Youview also isn't the only device to support from service restrictions. For example, the kids pass is not available on Xbox 360.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

I learnt a long time ago that before signing up for anything you need to do your research, read around the service you want to sign up to. It is often unwise to take things at face value.

On the Youview forum. There is actually a huge topic which is basically just people having a rant about the fact that the full now TV service is not available on Youview. If you cancel your entertainment pass before the end of a 14 day free trial, you won't be charged.

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution. Thanks

Click here to go to nowTVs main YouTube channel
Click here to go to the nowTV help YouTube channel
Occasional Poster

I can understand there are various contractual issues between BT and Sky. They're obviously competing in the same space so there's obviously a bit of friction there. So I can't watch the entertainment stuff from NowTV on my YouView box, not the end of the world, as others have said, I can watch on Chromecast. I've got loads around the house.

Except NowTV restrict that as well. They count each Chromecast as a device which is completely bonkers. So I have my YouView box as 1 device, the lounge Chromecast as 1 device, the bedroom Chromecast as 1 device, and my phone as 1 device. Then my son tries to watch something on his Chromecast but he can't because it won't let me make any changes as I've already made 1 change that month. My daughter also can't watch anything on her tablet also. It's utterly ridiculous. I know I can beg a support rep to give me more changes but why should I have to? I've never had to with Netflix. That wouldn't solve the problem anyway, it's still not enough devices to support what my family uses (YouView box, 4 Chromecasts, 4 phones/tablets).

I'm pretty sure my 3 month special offer is up soon anyway and I can't wait to cancel it. The films available are mostly old and the new ones are generally rubbish. About the only good stuff on Entertainment is Alan Partridge which I've now watched.

Highlighted
Mentor 2

@darrenm123

Hi Darren

If you really want to cancel your 3 month entertainment pass you should do so now rather than later because if you wait too long you could find yourself paying an extra £6.99 for another month of viewing you don't want.

However, if you cancel your pass now you will still get your 3 months of free viewing without running the risk of having money debited from your account.

UK Bob

Occasional Poster

Why can't now tv brand it's own youview box? im sure that one purchased through now tv with there branding just like the roku boxes could be possible.

First Poster

I was foolish enough to believe the TV advert that said I could view ITV Encore with Now TV.

I am a BT Vision/Youview customer. All I seem to get from Now TV is Sky film channels

This is not wehat I felt I would be signing up for,    Therefor I am now cancelling Now TV.