cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I understand the potential issues with option 2 but see the issues with option one just need an updated version of the app to solve them. You can't record from the apps so it'd be the same as Netflix etc.

When I can plug my computer into the TV and watch it why can't I just watch it from the computer that is my youview box?

Hi @Anonymous User

It's not that simple. I'm afraid as I understand it Youview in its present state cannot receive extra IP-based linear/live TV services unless they come from one of Youview's ISPs be those services received through an app or otherwise. This is a limitation which can only be removed by Youview themselves and has nothing to do with nowTV. As now TV/sky and not Youview partners. Think about it. If you were one of Youview's ISP partners. Would you be in a hurry to get the limitations surrounding linear/live IP content removed?

If you think about it. The linear/live IP services that the BBC provides through Youview on iPlayer and the BBC sport app are services which everybody can get because they are classed as free to air. Remember, the BBC is also a Youview partner. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Essentially it's a turf war between BBC, BT and Sky??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kevin,

You're not alone.  I just bought the same box (DTR-T2000) specifically to watch GoT through NowTV.  Now I'm having to invest in a NowTV box as well.  Just what I need - another remote.

You're right - it really IS NOT clear from the NowTV adverts or website that the Entertainment package can't be viewed through YouView.   And not at all helpful that after you sign up for the E package all youview offers is Sky Movies - I DIDN'T WANT MOVIES OR I'D HAVE BOUGHT A MOVIES PASS!!!!   Aaaarrrrrrggh!!!

Rant over

Now TV box on it's way

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's basically fraud as this isn't made clear when you sign up.  Have said before but unsurprisingly the post was removed.  I'll give it a day and this one will be gone.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Have said before but unsurprisingly the post was removed.  

Do you mean this post: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/YouView/Cannot-view-Now-TV-Entertainment-on-YouView-Humax-DTR-T2000/m-p/402729#M3298

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's basically fraud as this isn't made clear when you sign up.  Have said before but unsurprisingly the post was removed.  I'll give it a day and this one will be gone.

Hi @Anonymous User

Now TV and not in the habit of removing posts @SeeMoreDigital has just proved this above.

It's been known for years that the full now TV service isn't supported on Youview. In fact, it's all over the Internet, and NowTV do mention in various places that the full service is not available on Youview. The help article at the link below being one such place. Youview also isn't the only device to support from service restrictions. For example, the kids pass is not available on Xbox 360.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

I learnt a long time ago that before signing up for anything you need to do your research, read around the service you want to sign up to. It is often unwise to take things at face value.

On the Youview forum. There is actually a huge topic which is basically just people having a rant about the fact that the full now TV service is not available on Youview. If you cancel your entertainment pass before the end of a 14 day free trial, you won't be charged.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

also just cancelled due to the BT TV youview box being "unable" to stream sky entertaiment pack. 

SKY, please look at the netflix app, thats where im now spending my money. 

a former customer for 4 mins!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there plans to fix the NowTV app to show the entertainment package on the YouView platform?

It's an unhappy surprise to bump in to this.  It's not clear from the small print, I agree with the other comments.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately it's not the NOW TV app that is broken, the lack of sports and entertainment on YouView is due to rights restrictions placed on NOW TV. Hopefully you'll have another device in the house that you can use to watch ents/sports on.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just about to purchase the Humax box and I'm glad I saw this.

I have a ROKU2 device through which I watch NowTV entertainment channels.

This is just another reason to look at alternatives. I purchase a NowTV subscription to be legal and get quite a lot out of it, although there are built in issue.

However, such restrictions licensing restrictions do push customers away and into the easier route of watching shows illegally which is bizarre.

I hope sky/nowTV sort out their streaming rights as this a hindrance to customer usage.