Elite 5

Re: Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

darrenm123 wrote:

Got the 3 month deal for movies and entertainment last night. Couldn't understand why the NowTV app on YouView doesn't show anything but movies. Only just found this.

@darrenm123... This has got nothing to do with NOW TV (or it's affiliates).

Primarily, the NOW TV 'Entertainment' (and 'Sports') service(s) can't be accessed from a YouView/BT box because the YouView/BT service already offers much the same channels via their own 'subscription' based platform... Essentially YouView/BT whats you to pay them directly for Sky's services instead of NOW TV!

Sufficed to say, if you're unhappy with this arrangement I suggest you direct your complaints to YouView/BT over on their forum!

Thankfully however, NOW TV offer many ways to view their full service. Indeed, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you! •

NOW TV Box = Model no: Smart box | Software: 7.5.3 Build: 4057-16 | NOW TV app: 3.8.71 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.16.1 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

What a load of ###### !! Now tv is crap !!
Highlighted
Elite 5

Hi @Kdoc,

I disagree... As there are plenty of other devices you can use to view the 'full blown' NOW TV service on. Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you! •

NOW TV Box = Model no: Smart box | Software: 7.5.3 Build: 4057-16 | NOW TV app: 3.8.71 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.16.1 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

First Poster

Absolutely. I've just (late feb 2017) bought a youview box, an ents and a Sky sports pass. Plus wi fi extenders to make the set up worked. Gobsmacked to find I can't now access the content. The Youview packaging states quite clearly I can access now TV. I rang the helpline on the packaging to see what I'd done wrong in set up and they told me all my paid for content would be accessible via the programme guide!! Anyway I don't give a toss about the buck passing been BT and Sky, this is a daylight-clear trading standards issue on BTs part and I'm taking it up as a matter of principle. Thing is, the people who work for these massive corporates don't care about the consequences of their actions..if my experience just affected me I'd have simply got my money back from Currys and had my prejudices about corporate cynicism confirmed. But i spent ages sorting the installation out for my brother who has learning disabilities, as he moved into a new home ( very important part of his settling in there) and which allowed him to access the content he needs. Not entirely surprised to come onto this forum and find it's been a known issue for such a long time.
Elite 3

@eastfellsider it is not an issue in that it is commercial. Some of channels are on Youview via BT TV or Talk Talk. What channels does your brother like? We may be able to suggest ways you can get these simply.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Us...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto E, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.