NOW TV Box Scheduled Maintenance 23/08/2017 (1pm – 7pm) Click here for more info
First Poster

Re: Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView?

Hi,

I just purchased the 3 month entertainment package and I now discover that I can only watch Movies on my TV.  If I had wanted the Movies, I would have purchased the movies.  I don't want to watch entertainment on my laptop or iPad.  I am really disappointed as this is not made clear prior to buying the package.

I would like my money back as this is not what I wanted. ☹️

Elite 5

Jen50 wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased the 3 month entertainment package and I now discover that I can only watch Movies on my TV.  If I had wanted the Movies, I would have purchased the movies.  I don't want to watch entertainment on my laptop or iPad.  I am really disappointed as this is not made clear prior to buying the package.

Hi @Jen50
yep Now TV entertainment is not supported on Youview. But all other now TV devices to support entertainment

The fact that entertainment is not supported on Youview is highlighted in several help articles and also in the website section labelled "the legal bit" which can be found in the bottom left of any web page on the main now TV site

Now TV entertainment is not supported on Youview due to a mixture of technical limitations with the Youview platform and content rights issues. Now TV entertainment is not available on any Youview box including pure retail boxes.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear Smiley Sad

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution. Thanks

Click here to go to nowTVs main YouTube channel
Click here to go to the nowTV help YouTube channel
NOW TV Team

Jen50 wrote:

Hi,

@Jen50

Hi

Could you please contact our livechat team on the following line and explain this to them

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Payment-date-no-broadband1

Thanks

Aaron

First Poster

Re: Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hey folks, same problem. How do I get the chromecast working? 

Champion 1

@modern you will need the app on a mobile device. Log into the device, then click the cast button, then select the content you wish to watch. (Obviously the Chromecast will need to be on and visible to the mobile device)

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto G5 Plus, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Occasional Poster

Not surprised to see Sky as sneaky as ever. Shows my decision to leave the Murdoch empire and go to BT was the correct one.

Got the 3 month deal for movies and entertainment last night. Couldn't understand why the NowTV app on YouView doesn't show anything but movies. Only just found this.

Good job I've got a chromecast so I can use that but it's a pretty poor show from NowTV. Netflix have TV shows as well as movies so why not NowTV?

First it was apparently a technical issue, now a licensing one. So which is it? Or doesn't anyone know for sure?

Champion 4

darrenm123 wrote:

Got the 3 month deal for movies and entertainment last night. Couldn't understand why the NowTV app on YouView doesn't show anything but movies. Only just found this.

@darrenm123... This has got nothing to do with NOW TV (or it's affiliates).

Primarily, the NOW TV 'Entertainment' (and 'Sports') service(s) can't be accessed from a YouView/BT box because the YouView/BT service already offers much the same channels via their own 'subscription' based platform... Essentially YouView/BT whats you to pay them directly for Sky's services instead of NOW TV!

Sufficed to say, if you're unhappy with this arrangement I suggest you direct your complaints to YouView/BT over on their forum!

Thankfully however, NOW TV offer many ways to view their full service. Indeed, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

What a load of ###### !! Now tv is crap !!
Highlighted
Champion 4

Hi @Kdoc,

I disagree... As there are plenty of other devices you can use to view the 'full blown' NOW TV service on. Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

First Poster

Absolutely. I've just (late feb 2017) bought a youview box, an ents and a Sky sports pass. Plus wi fi extenders to make the set up worked. Gobsmacked to find I can't now access the content. The Youview packaging states quite clearly I can access now TV. I rang the helpline on the packaging to see what I'd done wrong in set up and they told me all my paid for content would be accessible via the programme guide!! Anyway I don't give a toss about the buck passing been BT and Sky, this is a daylight-clear trading standards issue on BTs part and I'm taking it up as a matter of principle. Thing is, the people who work for these massive corporates don't care about the consequences of their actions..if my experience just affected me I'd have simply got my money back from Currys and had my prejudices about corporate cynicism confirmed. But i spent ages sorting the installation out for my brother who has learning disabilities, as he moved into a new home ( very important part of his settling in there) and which allowed him to access the content he needs. Not entirely surprised to come onto this forum and find it's been a known issue for such a long time.