cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, unfortunately TalkTalk boxes are a YouView box, which means they can only be used to watch movies on, not entertainment. So what you'll need to do is see if you have any other devices in your home that you can use instead.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can watch entertainment on. 

If you see something on that list that you have, the following help page will explain how to set it up

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-Get-NOW-TV-on-your-device

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Carmel

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, if you get stuck you can always post back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I just purchased the 3 month entertainment package and I now discover that I can only watch Movies on my TV.  If I had wanted the Movies, I would have purchased the movies.  I don't want to watch entertainment on my laptop or iPad.  I am really disappointed as this is not made clear prior to buying the package.

I would like my money back as this is not what I wanted. ☹️

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased the 3 month entertainment package and I now discover that I can only watch Movies on my TV.  If I had wanted the Movies, I would have purchased the movies.  I don't want to watch entertainment on my laptop or iPad.  I am really disappointed as this is not made clear prior to buying the package.

Hi @Anonymous User
yep Now TV entertainment is not supported on Youview. But all other now TV devices to support entertainment

The fact that entertainment is not supported on Youview is highlighted in several help articles and also in the website section labelled "the legal bit" which can be found in the bottom left of any web page on the main now TV site

Now TV entertainment is not supported on Youview due to a mixture of technical limitations with the Youview platform and content rights issues. Now TV entertainment is not available on any Youview box including pure retail boxes.

Sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear Smiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

@Anonymous User

Hi

Could you please contact our livechat team on the following line and explain this to them

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Payment-date-no-broadband1

Thanks

Aaron

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you will need the app on a mobile device. Log into the device, then click the cast button, then select the content you wish to watch. (Obviously the Chromecast will need to be on and visible to the mobile device)
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not surprised to see Sky as sneaky as ever. Shows my decision to leave the Murdoch empire and go to BT was the correct one.

Got the 3 month deal for movies and entertainment last night. Couldn't understand why the NowTV app on YouView doesn't show anything but movies. Only just found this.

Good job I've got a chromecast so I can use that but it's a pretty poor show from NowTV. Netflix have TV shows as well as movies so why not NowTV?

First it was apparently a technical issue, now a licensing one. So which is it? Or doesn't anyone know for sure?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Got the 3 month deal for movies and entertainment last night. Couldn't understand why the NowTV app on YouView doesn't show anything but movies. Only just found this.

@Anonymous User... This has got nothing to do with NOW TV (or it's affiliates).

Primarily, the NOW TV 'Entertainment' (and 'Sports') service(s) can't be accessed from a YouView/BT box because the YouView/BT service already offers much the same channels via their own 'subscription' based platform... Essentially YouView/BT whats you to pay them directly for Sky's services instead of NOW TV!

Sufficed to say, if you're unhappy with this arrangement I suggest you direct your complaints to YouView/BT over on their forum!

Thankfully however, NOW TV offer many ways to view their full service. Indeed, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a load of ###### !! Now tv is crap !!