cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't use Sky sports pass on Bt youview box

I can't seem to access the sky sports channels on the Bt you view box. I have a pass that I can use on my iPhone and PC but not Youview
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not available on YouView full stop. BT, TalkTalk or vanilla.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very unfair of nowtv to advertise access to sky sports via BT youview as it does not support it. You only find this out after purchasing a pass. Conned!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really? I suspect it more about BT and TalkTalk protecting their own sky sports addon subscriptions.

Whatever happened to customer choice?

I just assumed the nowtv app would play sports on YouView.

VERY DISSAPOINTED.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have joined the unhappy throng that stupidly thought I could watch the Tottenham match on Sky Sports on my tv having bought a sports pass & following adverts on the radio. Oh how I wish I had read this forum before wasting my money!  We are being duped. Now TV should make it clear in their adverts & on their website that you CANNOT watch Sky Sports on your tv. Smiley Frustrated

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Youview offer their own sports subscription service, hence the reason why they don't provide access to NOW TV's Sky Sports service!

That being said, if you contact a NOW TV representative you should be able to obtain a refund...

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Each time I try to log in to the sky sports box office app on Now tv it says 'authentication failed' it is deffo the right username and password. Any suggestions?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • If you are using a computer, what's the operating system version?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I had the same experience and feel the same way - conned. Will be cancelling the Now service.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am livid at not being able to watch sports on YOUVIEW, I purchased it for this reason and no where does it tell you, as you sign up, that you can’t watch it
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Whilst I can't help with watching sports on YouView if you have no other devices you can use to watch your sports pass on then I'd suggest popping onto live chat, explaining what's happened and seeing if they can refund you.

Check this list to see if you have any other suitable devices first (you can watch sports on everything except YouView)

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

If not, to get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv