cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT YouView

Can I watch entertainment on BT YouView. And also sky sports box office. Such as any special fights. And any F1 races Can I watch on BT You view box.
13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I have the BT YouView box and you can only watch movies on the NowTV App on the box Smiley Sad

Unfortunately there is no Sky Sports Box Office App to watch the big fights or events Smiley Sad

Also, BT Sport doesn't have the rights to Formula 1, where at the moment Sky Sports have all the races where Channel 4 have some of the races live (selected races only) or highlights depending on which F1 venue is being held.  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I know ideally you would like to use your BT YouView box for the NowTV entertainment and Sky Sports Box Office events which unfortunately you can't.

However, i am not sure if you are interested that Argos at the moment are selling the NowTV box with a 3 month entertainment voucher pass for £12.50. 

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4146678

The NowTV box is also compatible with the Sky Sports Box Office App, (see article below for further information)  where you can order / purchase  the big fight events from a third party provider when available from neulion.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-sky-sports-box-office-events-on-now-tv

Obviously, please ignore this post of mine if you are not interested in another box connected to your TV set.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Indeed, it's most disappointing that BT/YouView don't permit access to NOW TV's Entertainment, Sports or Kids services.

Sadly, their priority is for BT/YouView box owners to purchase their subscription services and not services provided by a third-party!

Hopefully something will change in the future...

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Don't forget @Anonymous User,

there are other devices too. 😉

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates ????

RoyB
Legend

Moves are afoot to make the whole of NowTV available on BT YouView boxes to BT TV subscribers.

Though we do not have a date for this yet.

Given how these things normally work, this may well make it available on all ex-subscriber BT boxes, whether the owner is still with BT, never was with BT, or is now with another ISP altogether, though this is less sure.

Even less sure is if, or when, it will appear on the other models of YouView boxes.

Since besides BT subscriber boxes, there are also BT Retail, straight Retail, and TalkTalk, YouView boxes out there, all on different release schedules for new software.

You can find out which sort of YouView box you have, and follow the release schedules, here.

But if you need something right now, why not buy a NowTV Stick?

£19.99, with two month’s Entertainment thrown in, worth up to £15.98 of that £19.99 - what’s not to like?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From what I am reading in this forum, it would appear to me  that the Entertainment Pass is not available on my TV.  I find this strange that NOW is promoting and charging for something that cannot be accessed.  Before I cancel it I would appreciate hearing if this is so, or if I am just not aware of how to utilize the Pass.  The Cinema Pass is there, for the movies but the said 11 channels and box sets, I cannot find.  How can this be?

Would be grateful for info.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot acces NowTV on our Sony TV which uses BT MyView.  This is very frustrating.  Has anyone else had this issue??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the same issue. Would appreciate any help