cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

video won't play xbox one

Hi, so the app loads fine and seems to work no problem except that videos won't play. After we select one it just goes back to browse and nothing played. There's no error or anything. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting both the xbox and the router And signing out of now tv. I can't seem to find much about it using Google either.
Any ideas? Game of thrones starts soon :s
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

10 REPLIES 10
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Try deleting the NOW TV app, then follow the steps here to clear the cache, then install the app again. Some people have mentioned they needed to repeat it a couple of times to get things working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Unfortunately it didn't work. I've now deleted and reinstalled 20 times. 10 of which ai did the power thing you liked. Still videa won't play. Getting to the point where I may as well cancel.

Thanks though.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear your having some trouble with your Xbox ONE.

Can you let me know who your ISP is ?

Do you have any antivirus or firewalls in place that may be blocking NOW TV ?

Is your location setting on the Xbox set to UK, try changing them to USA and then back to UK again.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im with virgin media cable. Therea no antivirus or firewall on the router.
Now tv has worked in the past and I've not changed my setup.
I've also switched to us and back again a few times and mixed it with an app reinstall and cache clean too.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. 

Can you please just confirm that you are not using a VPN?

Do you experience this issue on any other device?

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No vpn. Just a standard xb1, router is the homehub set up by virgin and not touched and now tv.

It works on my phone. Haven't tried on a laptop but it seems localised to the xbox.

I've had no problems with any other apps. Video or otherwise.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

On your Virgin Internet do you have there Virus Safe and Child Safe features enabled ?

If you do would it be possible to switch these off temporary and then see if that allows you to watch NOW TV.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.
I think problem is resolved now but needs testing. It seems to have been related to my Xbox live expiring. I've factory reset the xbox but can't test to see if it's working because while testing on other devices the xbox was removed from my allowed devices and I can't add a new one until 01 June. Any chance my device limit can be reset? If not I'll wait a couple of days and try again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have reset them for you.

Cheers

Andy