cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sound is very distort

after its been on about 2 hours the sound goes like a darlik sound for about 10mis and then comes back normal very frustrating as you miss all the words is there anything to be done thankyou

2 REPLIES 2
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

That does sound very odd. 

Are you able to let us know if you experience this issue on any other device or is it just your Xbox One? 

Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the NOW TV app? Do you have any external speakers plugged into your TV? 

Does this happen on all shows/Movies, and are you watching Live or On Demand content? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Karl-F wrote:

Hi @patcasa

Thanks for getting in touch. 

That does sound very odd. 

Are you able to let us know if you experience this issue on any other device or is it just your Xbox One? 

Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the NOW TV app? Do you have any external speakers plugged into your TV? 

Does this happen on all shows/Movies, and are you watching Live or On Demand content? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Hi @Anonymous User @Karl-F

The Xbox one is a bit of an oddity when it comes to handling sound, especially when using speaker systems. When an Xbox one is set to bitstream out, you are given two options. Either Dolby Digital or DTS surround. NowTV works better when it is set to Dolby Digital. I actually think the Xbox  tries to enhance the audio feed, but because DTS is not intended for stereo signals. It results in the audio being quiet/distort , whereas there is a stereo variant of Dolby Digital.

Normally sound would be handled by your AV receiver/amp using pass through however, the Xbox appears to do things differently and depending upon the option you choose it forces your sound system to abide by a strict set parameters. If @Anonymous User is using speaker system. The Xbox needs to be set the bitstream out and placed in DolbyDigital mode in order to use now TV. The general rule with Xbox one, which I now stick to is DTS the Blu-rays and Dolby Digital for everything else. 

Of course this is all irrelevant. If @Anonymous User is not using a speaker system  

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.