cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

please help xbox one s wont play now tv

please any help would be really appreciated just installed now tv onto my new xbox one but whenever i try to play something it says that now tv is not comapatble with microsoft edge and i have no idea what to do or how to get it to work 

13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you're trying to watch on the web browser, which won't work. You need to install the dedicated app from your app dashboard and sign into that instead, then it will work on your Xbox One S.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thankyou for the reply i tried to install firefox like it said on the now tv screen but the xbox one wont allow me to install firefox will i need to install internet explorer please? sorry for sounding a wally its just not something iv ever had to do before 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Don't try to install Firefox. Go to apps on your dashboard (where you install new apps like Netflix from) and search for NOW TV. You should see NOW TV has its own special app.its this you need to install and open to watch NOW TV with 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i went onto the dashboard and installed the now tv onto there everything loads up fine it shows everything thats on the now tv but it just wont play anything is it a seperate app please than the actual now tv one?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No as long as you've installed the NOW TV app and opened up the app and signed in it should let you watch whichever pass you have eg if you have movies it will let you watch the movies section. Did you sign in, and if so what does it say when you try to play somethings?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

xboxs.png

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That looks like a phone screen, are you trying to watch on the Xbox or on the phone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

im trying to watch it on the xbox one but its the exact same message that iv just shown you on the pic i just got the pic  up on my phone to post it on here sorry 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The phone works the same as the Xbox, they both have their own separate apps you need to download and use to watch. Don't use a web browser at all, so don't open Edge on your Xbox or Firefox on your phone. 

Instead  go to the app stores and search for NOW TV and you'll see there is an app for watching NOW TV. It's the app you need to install and use to watch NOW TV.

I don't want to give your brain headache, but next time you want to get it sorted, have a look at the following help page which explains how to get the app on your phone and Xbox

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-Get-NOW-TV-on-your-device

Hopefully that will help you get sorted 🙂