cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i cant watch anything on xbox one

It was working fine Thursday 23/2017 morning, but later that day around 10pm I can't watch anything at all, I go on movies. Try several of them, I go on my tv and try and finish my programmes off. I just get the same picture, A little buffering image then it goes, I press A on the controller and it just shows 00:00 on the play/pause bit, Netflix and Amazon are working fine, I have reseted my internet twice, uninstalled the now tv app twice, and still getting the same problem, someone please help
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

unplug your hdmi cable from your tv or monitor and plug it into a different hdmi port, swap to that channel and wait 5-10 seconds. swap back to your preffered hdmi port and this should fix it. 5 months... 5 months ive been trying to fix this and it turns out its an xbox copyright protection sillyness that causes this so now tv cant help anyway. let me know if this works for you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you again for your help, all is good, for now 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, it was working the other day like @Anonymous User said, and stopped working the same time as well. I'm not too sure if there has been another update recently, if there was it would be an automatic update and I wouldn't have noticed it updating. I shall have to check when I get home. I am enrolled on the insider program but I'm not sure if this is the problem or not. I used a voucher code for a 2 month free subscription. It worked for one evening, then the next day it wouldn't work. I know it isn't a problem with the subscription because I tried on a different device and it worked fine, so it is just an Xbox one issue. Your help is greatly appreciated Tony and I hope the problem can be resolved quickly.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, it was working the other day like @Anonymous User said, and stopped working the same time as well. I'm not too sure if there has been another update recently, if there was it would be an automatic update and I wouldn't have noticed it updating. I shall have to check when I get home. I am enrolled on the insider program but I'm not sure if this is the problem or not. I used a voucher code for a 2 month free subscription. It worked for one evening, then the next day it wouldn't work. I know it isn't a problem with the subscription because I tried on a different device and it worked fine, so it is just an Xbox one issue. Your help is greatly appreciated Tony and I hope the problem can be resolved quickly.

Hi again @Anonymous User Yeah i know what you mean, if you can check for me to see what the update version was ~(latest should be rs2_xbox_rel_1703.170118-1900 AFAIK) we can work on this further. I wish i had an XBOX in the house to test myself but unfortunately only have  a PS4 and PC for my gaming needs. If the app is working by the time you get home  that's a bonus but i can't see it being so. Let me know the version number if possible anyway and we'll find a way of fixing it or getting it reported as widespread at least 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thank you for your response.

Yes unfortunately the issue still persists.

I have checked the latest update information, it is actually different to the one you mentioned. (rs2_release_xbox_1703.170221-1900) This update was applied 24/02/2017 at 04:12

This would coincide with the last time I used the now tv app without any issues. I'm guessing this is where the problem lies.

Once again thanks for your response and help on the matter and I hope it gets resolved quickly as it is eating into my free subscription.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have checked the latest update information, it is actually different to the one you mentioned. (rs2_release_xbox_1703.170221-1900) This update was applied 24/02/2017 at 04:12

This would coincide with the last time I used the now tv app without any issues. I'm guessing this is where the problem lies.

Once again thanks for your response and help on the matter and I hope it gets resolved quickly as it is eating into my free subscription.

Hi @Anonymous User again lol

Thanks for getting the version number for me. Your right, it seems like the new firmware has caused some issue with the NOW TV App however, last night i heard (from a very well informed forum member) that there is a new version availble on of the NOW TV App which is only accessible when you search for it via the XBOX Store.

When you search for it you'll see two versions, one you've already installed and the newest, overhauled version. Be careful though, this new app will count as a new device (i know i know) so you may need to visit Live Chat to sort out your device threshhold. If you can try that later today when your not busy give me a shout on this thread to see if it has improved your problem sure. Cheers 

Tony 

The NOW TV Team. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User again lol

Thanks for getting the version number for me. Your right, it seems like the new firmware has caused some issue with the NOW TV App however, last night i heard (from a very well informed forum member) that there is a new version availble on of the NOW TV App which is only accessible when you search for it via the XBOX Store.

When you search for it you'll see two versions, one you've already installed and the newest, overhauled version. Be careful though, this new app will count as a new device (i know i know) so you may need to visit Live Chat to sort out your device threshhold. If you can try that later today when your not busy give me a shout on this thread to see if it has improved your problem sure. Cheers 

Tony 

The NOW TV Team. 

its xbox copyright protection causing the problem, i believe its HDCP or something like that, i swapped my hdmi port on my tv and waited a few seonds and then swaped back to the original port and this fixed it for me

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
It was working fine Thursday 23/2017 morning, but later that day around 10pm I can't watch anything at all, I go on movies. Try several of them, I go on my tv and try and finish my programmes off. I just get the same picture, A little buffering image then it goes, I press A on the controller and it just shows 00:00 on the play/pause bit, Netflix and Amazon are working fine, I have reseted my internet twice, uninstalled the now tv app twice, and still getting the same problem, someone please help

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User It could be to do with the XBOX Insider Program. 

@Anonymous User When did you install the latest beta software for XBOX ONE? And did the problems occur after you installed it? @Anonymous User Are you enrolled for Beta software too? 

Thanks,

Tony 

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am getting the same issue. I have tried everything, other than fiddling about with my router, as I'm not sure what I can change. I'm am wondering if this might be because I am enrolled on the Xbox insider program.