cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one app not playing

Hi,the Xbox One app isn't working and pressing watch now on the app just loops back to the same menu.The Sky Go app is working fine,internet connection is fine and I've tried re-installing the app on both WiFi and Ethernet,I'm on Virgin media cable,any ideas ?

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have replied to your other post.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my app isn't working on the Xbox one saying something isn't right, i have uninstalled the app twice already, please help, thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are on BT for your Internet service would it be possible to disable Smart SetUp within your router settings.

If you are not with BT some Internet providers may have features enabled that may be blocking some streaming services such as Virus protection or Kid Safe features, can you make sure NOW TV is enabled on these services.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're getting this problem.

Are you with BT? If so, have you switched off the "Smart Set Up" on your router and any router kid safe settings?

We look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issues as the first couple of posters. I click to watch a program or film and it just goes back to previous screen. I've tried the steps mentioned in this thread and it hasn't solved the problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the same problem, after a couple minutes of watching something the app stops and I get the following message "something's not right. A problem is preventing playback. Please try again or visit NOWTV.com/help".

You can start the program again only to get the same message within a couple of minutes.

I'm with BT and can confirm that smart setup is disabled. Also antivirus is not boxing nowtv. In fact it works fine in another room using a nowtv box. It used to work much better via the xbox app, only occasionally giving the message. Nothing has changed in terms of isp, router, anti-virus etc.

Please can you advise how to resolve?

Thanks

Dave
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting and also trying out those previous steps.

Sorry to hear that you're still getting the error message though.

Did you also reset your router? Would you be able to try using an Ethernet cable to see if that helps in any way?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been experiencing an issue similar to this within the last week or 2, i know that there are 2 users who are watching the now tv app through xboxes but it will not allow me to use either of the 2 other slots, i have devices assigned to these but tells me something along the lines of...."you have reached the maximum number of devices to simultaneously watch on" or something like that; as there are 3 xbox one devices and one xbox360 device assigned to my account i have renamed all of these to reflect which devices they are,

i also have had to sign out of my xbox one profile and sign back in for things to take effect, so there also seems to be some sort of lag on the microsoft side with profile log in. I will keep NowTV up to date if this doesn't solve the issue. If this does sort it out, then its just a case of renaming your devices and logging out of your xbox profile for them to take effect as a lot of xbox one users especially have their login set to automatic, i don't think the device has a chance to resync or reset itself sometimes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan, sorry for the delay in replying, but a couple of days after I posted the problem seemed to go away. I used the app over the weekend and Monday night with no problems at all but it happened again last night (Weds), so frequently I gave up. I actually reset the router on Monday. The Xbox is already connected by ethernet.

Thanks

Dave
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that the issue has come back 😞

Could you delete the app and then reinstall, also make sure that your location is set to UK and Xbox is fully updated.

Andy