cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one - Playback screen is black and nothing loads

Hi,

As in the title, everything works fine, click on something to watch, little loading wheel thing comes up, stops as if program will begin to play, and nothing happens, screen stays black and just doesn't play.

Any help would be appreciated!

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi guys

Could you let us know who you internet providers are

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virgin Media 200Mb service.  Only using thier router as a Modem, using ASUS RT-AC87U as Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to see my subscription goes for something I can't use....

Now over an month with a service I can't use.. still get a black screen with no response 😣
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem tryed every thing said on this page and still not working when is this going to be fixed ? or i will just go to netflix

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am having the same problem tryed every thing said on this page and still not working when is this going to be fixed ? or i will just go to netflix

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

Could you try some of these steps to resolve this

If your currently connected by wireless set up a wired connection

1. Press the Menu Button (3 vertical lines) on the Xbox One controller then choose Settings.
  2. Choose Network then click Wired Network if you're asked to do so.
  3. Click Test Network Connection.

Pause any downloads

1. Press the Xbox button on the controller and choose My Games & Apps.
  2. Choose Queue then highlight the active download or installation.
  3. Press the Menu button on your controller then choose Pause installation or Cancel depending on what you want to do.

Adjust the DNS settings

1. Go to Settings then choose Network.
  2. Choose Advanced Settings and make a note of your Gateway.
  3. Click IP Settings then Manual and in IP Address enter your Gateway but make the last digit different i.e. 10.
  4. In Subnet Mask enter 255.255.255.0 then in Gateway enter the number you made a note of.
  5. In Primary DNS enter your Gateway number again then in Secondary DNS enter 0.0.0.0.

Let us know how you get on with these steps

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just wondering if you have signed up to the Xbox One preview Program ?

If so this will be causing the issues your describing.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi..

Did this get resolved.. I have the same issue..   I can click on a program to watch and its just a black screen and nothing happens...

very frustrating..  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried any of the previous steps such as deleting and reinstalling the app

you could alternatively try clearing the cache with the following steps

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick isn't connected to the console.
  3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will make sure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
  4. Plug the power cable back into the console and wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  5. Turn on the console using the power button.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried this a few times now and still the same issue..  althought I now get just a spinning buffer wheel and then it stops..  but still I cant play anything 😞 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still doesn't work!! Any body been able to fix this?