cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one - Playback screen is black and nothing loads

Hi,

As in the title, everything works fine, click on something to watch, little loading wheel thing comes up, stops as if program will begin to play, and nothing happens, screen stays black and just doesn't play.

Any help would be appreciated!

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also curious if the app has any faults.

I have an LG smart TV in the lounge and now TV works great. In the bedroom I have an xbox one and the app is completely unstable. I can load it once and it's perfect, restart the console and I get this message: 

Something’s not right.
Give it a moment, or check newt.com/status for updates.

Error code: 3

Console is up to date, DNS is all fine, Virgin Media 100mb connection, wireless signal is strong. Any ideas please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting similar issues on my xbox one x, about once every 45m episode the screen goes blank forcing me to quit the app, reload the app to a poxt oops message quit the app again restart the app and it works for the next 45 mins the it starts again! There is a bug in the app plain and simple.

if it was a systemic problem all other streaming services would throw up the same issue which they dont.

i see two options either sky gets their ###### together or people will poke off to a better service!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi has a solution for this been found? My nowtv app on my Xbox one has been faultless for a year and now all of a sudden I’m getting the same issue as you guys. Go to try and play something and I just get the wheel spinning round and nothing happens. All other streaming apps work fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All was fine I had this problem once..but since then the picture goes light and dark .it's really annoying it's not my tv all the power saving contrast control etc turned off.. my tv doesn't do it on normal tv or YouTube through Xbox just on now tv only..any ideas help greatly appreciated
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im with plus net. Eveything works fine tho ie netflix. Now tv works on every other device in the house just not the xboxes ( xbox is main use as can watch on the tv) router is configured correctly as my partner works in IT and has looked into it already. Only started occorring after having updating the xboxes os. Cleared the cache and reinstalled so on. So tgink its something from now tvs end.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive had the same problem for over two months now. Done all the steps nothing works. When i choose a title and press play just get a black screen and a loading circle. Netflix and so on works fine. Is there a reason this is happening? As wont be renewing my subscripition now when it ends as bo point in having it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Im having the exactr same issue.  Go to play a programme and all I get is the white spinning circle followed by a black screen.

All other Streming services (Netflix, Amazon and BBC Iplayer) are working fine.  I can even stream Netflix in 4K.

The only temperary solution I found was to disconnect the Network and reconnect.  This allows you to play NOWTV until you reboot the XBOX, then the same issue arrises again.

I have done a hart reset on the Xbox One S and uninstalled and re-installed the NOWTV app several times, but seems to make no difference.

also keep getting DHCP error when watching programmes, plays for about 1-2 mins, then give error message about TV being incompatible.  Netflix still streams in 4K, so cannot be a Hardware issue.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

Im having the exactr same issue.  Go to play a programme and all I get is the white spinning circle followed by a black screen.

All other Streming services (Netflix, Amazon and BBC Iplayer) are working fine.  I can even stream Netflix in 4K.

The only temperary solution I found was to disconnect the Network and reconnect.  This allows you to play NOWTV until you reboot the XBOX, then the same issue arrises again.

I have done a hart reset on the Xbox One S and uninstalled and re-installed the NOWTV app several times, but seems to make no difference.

also keep getting DHCP error when watching programmes, plays for about 1-2 mins, then give error message about TV being incompatible.  Netflix still streams in 4K, so cannot be a Hardware issue.

Regards

@Anonymous User

Hi

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried all the steps in the previous post?

Regarding the DHCP error could you try the Xbox troubleshooting steps here

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-connection-error-solution

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I tried all the network settings and it made no difference.  The only way I can stream NOWTV is to disconnect the network using the XBOX control panel, then reconnect.  I can then stream NOW TV.  If I reboot the XBOX the issue comes back.

As for DHCP, sorry i meant HDCP.  After about 1-2 mins of playing a programme it stops with the error message HDCP error (c00d7159), your TV is not compatible.

The Xbox One S is connected to a HDMI 2.0a port which has HDCP 2.2. using the supplied xbox HDMI cable. The resolution of the XBOX is set to 4K, 10bit.

I can stream 4K content from Netflix and Amazon Prime without any issues, but keep getting this message when I stream from NOWTV app, after about 1-2 mins of playback.  I can restart the programme again, but it just repeats itself after about 1-2 mins.

Regards