cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox One - NowTV App - Flaw with functionality and payment process

Recently had this happen to me, and decided to bring it up in here (as well as CS feedback email).

Using the NowTV app on the Xbox One (not sure if the same thing occurs on the PS4, but worth checking), there is a flaw in which its very easy to accidentally purchase a Pass.

After the user selects one of the passes, the user is brought to the next screen where the price is shown and the option to Buy is highlighted. As with my case, I had accidentally pressed Buy at this point. The cursor/highlighter should NOT be sitting on the Buy button as soon as this screen loads. The user should be made to physically move the cursor to Highlight Buy, to avoid premature/accidental purchases.

As I am a member of the Preview Update community on the Xbox One, I have already reported this issue with Microsoft, and by doing so here, I would hope both parties take note of this issue and something will be changed with the design of the payment process and cursor/highlighter to stop potential accidents in the future.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Recently had this happen to me, and decided to bring it up in here (as well as CS feedback email).

Using the NowTV app on the Xbox One (not sure if the same thing occurs on the PS4, but worth checking), there is a flaw in which its very easy to accidentally purchase a Pass.

After the user selects one of the passes, the user is brought to the next screen where the price is shown and the option to Buy is highlighted. As with my case, I had accidentally pressed Buy at this point. The cursor/highlighter should NOT be sitting on the Buy button as soon as this screen loads. The user should be made to physically move the cursor to Highlight Buy, to avoid premature/accidental purchases.

As I am a member of the Preview Update community on the Xbox One, I have already reported this issue with Microsoft, and by doing so here, I would hope both parties take note of this issue and something will be changed with the design of the payment process and cursor/highlighter to stop potential accidents in the future.

Cheers!

@Anonymous User Thank you very much for the feedback, i'll make sure to pass this on to the dev team who in turn can try and change the highlighted button on the screen to somehting that leads a customer into not prematurely buying a pass as this causes more hassle than it should 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Cheers!

@Anonymous User Thank you very much for the feedback, i'll make sure to pass this on to the dev team who in turn can try and change the highlighted button on the screen to somehting that leads a customer into not prematurely buying a pass as this causes more hassle than it should