cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

XBox One Streaming problems

Having looked on the forum, I have seen lots of people with the same problem but no resolution as yet so hoping there is a fix...

I am streaming Now TV on my Xbox One which always stops streaming after a 2-3 minutes or so no matter what movie I am trying to watch. To confirm, I have:

- tried over wifi and ethernet cable

- a 100Mbps connection through Virgin Media

- no speed issues (done a speed test)

- Nothing else running (sucking up bandwidth) as I have done my testing

- no problem with any other app or device connecting to this network

So, I'm pretty confident the issue is with the app. Is there anything else you would recomend I could try in the settings perhaps?

Appreciate any help you can provide...

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the reply. The thing is that when I first activated Now TV o the xbox, it worked for the first couple of days and the the crashing began. I do not want to change my dns settings as that will impact other applications.

It's frustrating as I'm currently paying for a service I cannot use...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've not had any issues on Xbox one when you say changing the dns will impact your other services suggests are you using a geo unblocking service or vpn if so that could be your problem.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Having looked on the forum, I have seen lots of people with the same problem but no resolution as yet so hoping there is a fix...

I am streaming Now TV on my Xbox One which always stops streaming after a 2-3 minutes or so no matter what movie I am trying to watch. To confirm, I have:

- tried over wifi and ethernet cable

- a 100Mbps connection through Virgin Media

- no speed issues (done a speed test)

- Nothing else running (sucking up bandwidth) as I have done my testing

- no problem with any other app or device connecting to this network

So, I'm pretty confident the issue is with the app. Is there anything else you would recomend I could try in the settings perhaps?

Appreciate any help you can provide...

@Anonymous User

Hi Leonard 

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried adjusting the DNS settings?

if not here are the steps

1. Go to Settings then choose Network.
  2. Choose Advanced Settings and make a note of your Gateway.
  3. Click IP Settings then Manual and in IP Address enter your Gateway but make the last digit different i.e. 10.
  4. In Subnet Mask enter 255.255.255.0 then in Gateway enter the number you made a note of.
  5. In Primary DNS enter your Gateway number again then in Secondary DNS enter 0.0.0.0.

Let us know if this hepls

Thanks

Aaron