cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't play any films/programmes on Xbox one

I've just downloaded now tv to my Xbox one, but when I try and play anything it comes up with the buffering icon for a second and then just takes me back to the previous screen. I am fully connected to the Internet. All the thumbnails are loading fine it's just when I try and watch anything. I've turned it on and off. It doesn't come up with any error message. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having a few issues with your Xbox One and our App.

Would you be able to make sure your Xbox ONE is fully upto date, your not using any modified DNS settings or VPN'S and you are based within the UK.

Also if you are with BT if you haven't done so already would you be able to disable Smart Setup from within your router settings, If you are with any other provider then please let me know who that is.

Thanks

Andy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to add to what @Anonymous User has said if you're not a fan of using your ISPs DNS servers you can use the following they belong to Google. 

I use these because virgin media's DNS servers can be a bit dodgy at times

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1404176/best-dns-servers-in-the-uk

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.