Regular 2

Re: Washed picture on xbox one

[ Edited ]

Definately a problem with the app.

I'm seeing it on two xboxes. An original xbox one and an xbox one x.

Just randomly going bright and dark again. It quite distracting.

Quite annoying when trying to watch Walking Dead.

Would be nice if a moderator could reply and let is know if they are looking into the problem

Occasional Poster

I'm now seeing it with TV shows, like Band of Brothers. It's really annoying.

Yes, it would be good to know if this is being investigated. I'm not seeing this problem with any other video such as BBC iPlayer, so it must be the app.

First Poster

I have had some success with this issue. I deselected HDR in the XBox One settings as although my TV is HDR it only works on the inbuilt apps not through HDMI.

Since doing this I have watched two films. I experienced the washed out flicker only twice in one of them.

Hopefully doing this will help someone else but in all honesty NowTV needs to fix their broken app.

Occasional Poster

Interesting idea, but I'm using a 1080p TV with no HDR. I'll have a look and see if there's other options though, so thanks for the idea :-)
First Poster

We have the exact same brightness change problem with our Xbox One. It's such a relief to know it's not our TV on the way out.
Now, are they going to bloody fix it?! Because it's very distracting trying to watch a film with the flickering screen!
Occasional Poster

Hi Definately the Now TV APP but I found doing the below stopped the washed out pictureon the Xbox one go toSettings/ Display and Sound /Video Input/Advanced Video Settings/and tick Allow 50Hz ...return to Now TV try a movie.
Occasional Poster

Interesting idea. I'm going to try hdmi so'ke one first, then if it's still a problem I'll try disabling 4:2:2 in this same menu. Everything is enabled so maybe turning something off will help.

Out of interest, we are using a Samsung TV. Is this happen on other brands or just Samsung? What are you using?
Occasional Poster

Turning off HDMI Blacks LOW on the TV, set it to normal, seems to have helped. Of course, this might depend on the TV model, and needed setting up the contract and brightness again.
Highlighted
First Poster

i am getting the same problem! On the bright side my girlfriend thought her tv was the problem and bought a new 4k tv at the weekend!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ the down side is I dont have the heart to tell her its probably the app!!!

Regular 2

I opted my xbox one X into the dashboard alpha preview and with the alpha dashboard this problem hasn't happened. But my other xbox with the release dashboard still does it.

I'm now wondering if it is a dashboard bug rather than a nowtv app bug especially as there was a dashboard update the day before this thread started.