cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Washed picture on xbox one

Hi
Since yesterday the picture on now tv through my xbox one alternates between normal picture and a washed out picture. Its like the brightness has been turned right up. It will last a second and then go back to normal and randomly alternate. It only affects now tv. Everything else is fine. Can anyone help? Thanks.
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting idea. I'm going to try hdmi so'ke one first, then if it's still a problem I'll try disabling 4:2:2 in this same menu. Everything is enabled so maybe turning something off will help.

Out of interest, we are using a Samsung TV. Is this happen on other brands or just Samsung? What are you using?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Definately the Now TV APP but I found doing the below stopped the washed out pictureon the Xbox one go toSettings/ Display and Sound /Video Input/Advanced Video Settings/and tick Allow 50Hz ...return to Now TV try a movie.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the exact same brightness change problem with our Xbox One. It's such a relief to know it's not our TV on the way out.
Now, are they going to bloody fix it?! Because it's very distracting trying to watch a film with the flickering screen!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting idea, but I'm using a 1080p TV with no HDR. I'll have a look and see if there's other options though, so thanks for the idea 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi
Since yesterday the picture on now tv through my xbox one alternates between normal picture and a washed out picture. Its like the brightness has been turned right up. It will last a second and then go back to normal and randomly alternate. It only affects now tv. Everything else is fine. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Thank you for posting this . . . I thought my TV was on the way out. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought the same, even reset the settings on the tv.

Interestingly, it only seems to happen with films and not with TV shows for me. If we watch anything out of 'entertainment' it's fine, but from 'movies' it does this quite frequently. It's some sort of brightness/contrast thing and lasts ten seconds or so (i'll time it if I can)

I wonder if it's a pattern to identify the account if the video is ripped and uploaded somehow, although I'm sure there are more subtle ways of achieving this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definately a problem with the app.

I'm seeing it on two xboxes. An original xbox one and an xbox one x.

Just randomly going bright and dark again. It quite distracting.

Quite annoying when trying to watch Walking Dead.

Would be nice if a moderator could reply and let is know if they are looking into the problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had some success with this issue. I deselected HDR in the XBox One settings as although my TV is HDR it only works on the inbuilt apps not through HDMI.

Since doing this I have watched two films. I experienced the washed out flicker only twice in one of them.

Hopefully doing this will help someone else but in all honesty NowTV needs to fix their broken app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm now seeing it with TV shows, like Band of Brothers. It's really annoying.

Yes, it would be good to know if this is being investigated. I'm not seeing this problem with any other video such as BBC iPlayer, so it must be the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Xbox one s has started doing this as well. Picture is fine, good colours etc then it will change as though the brightness has been turned up to maximum for a second, then switches back to the normal colour mode.

Thought it was an ambient light sensor problem but this setting is disabled and the picture is still switching randomly.

I’ve experienced this with entertainment channels and movies.