cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfair conditions for xboxfreeweek

As the title says. The conditions associated with the Xbox free week are unfair.

As a long term NowTV customer I would like to take advantage of the Xbox free week offer however I am penalised as I currently have a live Sky Sports week pass that I paid £10.99 for. I am not allowed to have 2 passes at the same time, even though one of them would not be activated until the other has expired. The free week T&Cs state the voucher must be used within 365 days so plenty of time for me.

Can someone from NowTV give me an answer to a simple question.

Why?

Why can I not have a free week?

Why does someoone who happens to have a live, paid for, Sports pass not get the free week when someone who might have a NowTV account but hasn't paid a penny to watch anything can get something for nothing?

Why is the 'valued' customer disadvantaged?

I await the reasons with interest.

Actually, what I would like is for you to explain the reasons, accept the conditions are unfair, and issue me a free weeks pass.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd accept the bit about encouraging new customers if the offer was only available to new customers but it wasn't, the only people it wasn't available to were those with a live pass. It's unfair and the only way it would have been fair was for it just to be for new customers.

No point replying anymore. I'll email the chief executive and ask him to explain.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't see anything unfair. You'll always find deals that don't work out (day passes with Pringles which I can't eat, or with Gillette razors when I don't shave).

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

My guess it is to tempt new customers to try it out and then get a subscription. Woman Wink

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

artesian. As a contributor rather than staff your opinion is no more valid than mine. I think it's unfair. You don't. We'll agree to disagree.

caseyb. You think? never thought of that! actually my point is that the offer is available to anyone, not just new customers, provided they don't have a live sports pass.

I could have recurring movies and entertainment passes and still qualify for the free pass as longsas I don't have a live sports pass. If my sports pass expired at 2358 on the closing day I could have got a free pass.

That's why I think it's unfair. I'd appreciate the reasons from staff.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

It's the standard way in which our offers work, and unfortunately there's no way around it.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get that it's the standard, I just don't get why.

Can you explain why? All your reply does is state "the computer says no". I'd just like to know why it has to be this way. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I don't know the exact reason, but it's likely as mentioned above - the offers we run are designed to encourage new customers to try out the service. There's also the challenge that it's not technically possible to "stack" sports vouchers on an account.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd accept the bit about encouraging new customers if the offer was only available to new customers but it wasn't, the only people it wasn't available to were those with a live pass. It's unfair and the only way it would have been fair was for it just to be for new customers.

No point replying anymore. I'll email the chief executive and ask him to explain.