cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to view all movies on xbox one app

I signed up for the £3 for 3 months movie offer yesterday but when opening the app on the xbox one, only some movies are available, other tiles are grey with a padlock on them. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the app, logging in through edge on the xbox to no avail. All movies are available on the ipad and tv, it is just the xbox one that will not show them all. I tried online chat last nigh but the guy didn't have any answers.

Any help will be greatly received!!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've just got ourselves an X Box One, with this we were sent a 2 month Now TV Movie pass. I installed Now TV on my I pad but I've also not been able to get working through the X Box ... seeing a message "We can't seem to get started at the moment. Please check your connection and try again."

There is nothing wrong with the connection - can someone please help me / us? Perhaps a representative could contact me to advise?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wondering if its a glitch with Xbox one services,as I am having the same problem...works on my tv, but comes up with the same message as your's. and connection is fine , as seeing all other players online .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Can you please uninstall the app and re-install? Is your Xbox connected wired or wireless? If you haven't tried a different connection type, please do and let us know.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you have parent controls on the XBox? What happens when you try to select one of the locked films?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have removed the parental settings and uninstalled\reinstalled but still no change. When I try to click on one of the locked movies it just makes a dull noise but doesn't do anything

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the XBox NOW TV are forced to use the consoles parent controls not their own. Which movies have padlocks?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't know exactly which ones as the tiles with the padlocks on are grey with no writing saying which films they are. The obvious noted missing ones are Star Wars episisodes II and III, the other Star Wars ones are available and watchable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have managed to resolve this myself after several hours of messing around. Within nowtv app I pressed the 3 lines button (to the left of x) on the controller, went down to switch user, the centre user is whose date of birth it picks up (this was my sons) go down to sign out and select the adult user, all movies are now showing on mine after doing this!