cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To redress the mucking about I had with the 1st agent the guy today gave me reduced Entertainment charge for 4 months and a free kids pass for a month so thats good service.. well i did ask but dont ask dont get! 🙂

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@SeeMoreDigital

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

At least its sorted now however we're looking into why the special characters have been disabled in the first place.

Cheers

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please someone help. I have 2 boxes on TVs in downstairs. Yesterday they both went a bit mad. We bought a sky movie - but I couldn't remember my pin so I had to update one and I'd also had a new card since so that changed as well. Changed my password for now TV as I couldn't remember that either - now both boxes won't accept new password or either user name or email. Got on one first thing now the one in the kitchen won't take the new password. Loosing the will to live. Will a factory reset cure this? Help anyone ... please
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

First, on the website go to your My Account > My Passes page http://account.nowtv.com/passes and check that you can see the entertainment pass that is on your account (if you can't then the pass will be on a different account, so try logging in with any other usernames you have).

This will make sure you know the right username and password given that you've changed it already.

If you can see your pass correctly, go to My Account > My account details http://account.nowtv.com/account-details and make a note of the username there to double-check.

Then on your NOW TV boxes do a factory reset which is recommended after a password change. You'll need to set up your wifi and enter your NOW TV account details again.

You'll find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset (and then enter the code shown on screen to confirm)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please someone help. I have 2 boxes on TVs in downstairs. Yesterday they both went a bit mad. We bought a sky movie - but I couldn't remember my pin so I had to update one and I'd also had a new card since so that changed as well. Changed my password for now TV as I couldn't remember that either - now both boxes won't accept new password or either user name or email. Got on one first thing now the one in the kitchen won't take the new password. Loosing the will to live. Will a factory reset cure this? Help anyone ... please
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

First, on the website go to your My Account > My Passes page http://account.nowtv.com/passes and check that you can see the entertainment pass that is on your account (if you can't then the pass will be on a different account, so try logging in with any other usernames you have).

This will make sure you know the right username and password given that you've changed it already.

If you can see your pass correctly, go to My Account > My account details http://account.nowtv.com/account-details and make a note of the username there to double-check.

Then on your NOW TV boxes do a factory reset which is recommended after a password change. You'll need to set up your wifi and enter your NOW TV account details again.

You'll find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset (and then enter the code shown on screen to confirm)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the now boxes for at least a year and this week when trying to use it gas said that I needed to log in but then does not recognise my details .. I have tried live chat six times .. reset box and password twice but still not able to use .. live chat associates advise it's a known issue and somebody will contact me .. no contact !! They also said that white boxes are no longer supported .. I'm so frustrated and Jane now cancelled the passes ?? Has anybody else had this issue and if so how was it resolved
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have had the now boxes for at least a year and this week when trying to use it gas said that I needed to log in but then does not recognise my details .. I have tried live chat six times .. reset box and password twice but still not able to use .. live chat associates advise it's a known issue and somebody will contact me .. no contact !! They also said that white boxes are no longer supported .. I'm so frustrated and Have now cancelled the passes ?? Has anybody else had this issue and if so how was it resolved
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have had the now boxes for at least a year and this week when trying to use it gas said that I needed to log in but then does not recognise my details...

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Also, can you please confirm the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
[ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cant sign in i already have an account it says account not authorised