cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something's not right. Xbox ONE

"We cant seen to get started at the moment. Please check your connection and try again. Still stuck? Visit nowtv.com/help."

On my Xbox One i get the above message when trying to use the App, however everything works perfectly on my laptop so my internet is not an issue. I have tried every other solution on this forum such as:

• Deleting the app and re installing it many times.
  • Clearing the Xbox Cache as described here . 
  • Changing my region to US then back to UK after the restarts.
  • Numerous combinations of all three of the above.

Nothing has worked and the XBOX doesnt, let me log in to Now Tv.

this is the first time I have tried to use it and I have only had my account for a few hours.

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The only thing that appears to work for me is to uninstall and reinstall the app. This makes it work again for maybe 48 hours before the error message appears again.

I've had maybe one or two issues in the last few years with Netflix and no issues with Amazon TV since I got it last year, but now I've had over 15 separate error messages (all on different occassions) in the last month with NOWTv.

Each time I've had to uninstall and reinstall to make it work again. The whole point of this technology is to be convenient, and notNOWTv just isnt.

If the problem isn't resolved soon I'll have to uninstall for good.

Evev GOT isn't worth this hassle.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Ive installed NOW TV app onto our Xbox one and have managed to use it once.  Since then everytime i click on any tv programme it will play the advert at the beginning and then it stops and comes up with the following message:

Somethings not right.  Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status for updates.

Error code: player_error

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, logging out and logging back in, switching it off and back on again.

Need this sorted ASAP .......game of thrones starts next week !!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, 

Ive installed NOW TV app onto our Xbox one and have managed to use it once.  Since then everytime i click on any tv programme it will play the advert at the beginning and then it stops and comes up with the following message:

Somethings not right.  Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status for updates.

Error code: player_error

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, logging out and logging back in, switching it off and back on again.

Need this sorted ASAP .......game of thrones starts next week !!!!!

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm,

try everything outlined in this article here https://help.nowtv.com/article/Oops-something-went-wrong-Xbox

we hope this helps

Thanks The nowtv team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every so often I keep getting the cricket shut down with the error code player_error. And blue screen if I quit app. If I don't quit app it'll load up but then I get player_error instead. This app needs a lot of bug fixes and an update posted ASAP

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well mine is not yet fixed...tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times, easy connection set up...
Who can i contact by telephone??? This is a pretty poor show i must say...can some one come back to me please???
Cheers, Mark.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I ended up contacting Xbox then they talked me through my router settings logging in to make changes on xbox network priority etc, I have not had an issue since.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disabled the smart setup feature on BT hub and the app worked for about a day before reverting to the original error message and now won't work again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

NowTV app starts with logo then disappears into blue screen. Xbox appears to be working fine. Have tried usual cache / power drain checks with no luck.

Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

NowTV app starts with logo then disappears into blue screen. Xbox appears to be working fine. Have tried usual cache / power drain checks with no luck.

Any ideas?

@Anonymous User

Hi

Are you getting any kind of error code or does it just go to a blank screen?

Also have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Thanks

Aaron