cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really poor quality TV picture

The TV picture is so poor you can't watch the programme. I am watching on my Xbox one with an Samsung ue40h6400w tv. This issue doesn't apply to other streaming app on the Xbox such as Netflix, channels four and others indicating it is a problem with the app not due to broadbands or hardware issues. I have performed all these steps; restarted the router, restarted the TV, reset the TV to factory settings, made sure the TV had the latest software update and unplug and pluged the tv back in yet the problem persists. What can be done to fix the problem?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Nowtv smart box have to say it’s the worst piece of hardware I’ve had the misfortune of using, I’ve had the box for approx 6 months, it’s crashed more times than I can count, I’ve had to factory reset it 3 times and yesterday the wired lan connection failed constantly disconnecting and connecting, support told me that the nowtv box doesn’t support lan connections and only works wirelessly, I swapped it over to wireless and the quality has been pixelated and poor. I am now watching nowtv on the app on my smart tv which is on a lan connection.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
The TV picture is so poor you can't watch the programme. I am watching on my Xbox one with an Samsung ue40h6400w tv. This issue doesn't apply to other streaming app on the Xbox such as Netflix, channels four and others indicating it is a problem with the app not due to broadbands or hardware issues. I have performed all these steps; restarted the router, restarted the TV, reset the TV to factory settings, made sure the TV had the latest software update and unplug and pluged the tv back in yet the problem persists. What can be done to fix the problem?

@Anonymous User

Hi

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An all too typical response... uninstall and reinstall the App... really, is that the best advice we can get... it makes no difference, the problem is the App...

heres an idea, rewrite the App so it works properly on the Xbox One...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. Fix the bloody app.

I have a 75Mbps connection. That is the speed my xbox connects at and the streaming quality is terrible. One minute the pictures ok, the next it's blocky.

Netflix, amazon, xbox video, youtube etc all have perfect picture but Now tv is cack.

If the xbox one app isn't fixed by time my membership is up for renewal I will be cancelling.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Too late.

Fed up now. Streaming quality on xbox app is terrible.

ps4 app keeps stopping to buffer.

Both console have perfect picture in Amazon Prime and Netflix and internet connection test show 50Mbps on ps4 and 75 Mbps on xbox one. It is not my connection. It is your service. Also get regular streaming problems on Roku too.

Subscription for both Entertainment and Movies has now been cancelled.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Too late.

Both console have perfect picture in Amazon Prime and Netflix and internet connection test show 50Mbps on ps4 and 75 Mbps on xbox one. It is not my connection. It is your service. Also get regular streaming problems on Roku too.

Hi @Anonymous User

I assume your ISP is BT?

This is the case there is a setting on BT router's court smart setup. This feature/setting can sometimes interfere with NowTV and needs to be disabled to get NowTV to work correctly. Disabling network pings on Roku/now TV box can also sometimes help resolve buffering/picture quality issues

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here goes... I have my Xbox one hard wired to my BT HH6, Smart Setup (as always) disabled... everything I stream is fantastic with the exception of one thing....

lets all see see if we can guess what that one thing is!!!

yes, that's right, it's the NowTV app... doesn't matter if I uninstall it, reinstall it, stand on my head or do somersaults...

the app is not right... it needs to be sorted... we are paying a monthly subscription to watch tv, films, sport, whatever and we are not getting the service we are paying for nor deserve...

this is is a disgusting despicable state of affairs and it needs to be resolved, surely it cannot be beyond the capability of a good IT person to sort, perhaps you need a ten year old to sort it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Too late.

Hi @Anonymous User

I assume your ISP is BT?

This is the case there is a setting on BT router's court smart setup. This feature/setting can sometimes interfere with NowTV and needs to be disabled to get NowTV to work correctly. Disabling network pings on Roku/now TV box can also sometimes help resolve buffering/picture quality issues

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Thanks.

Yes my ISP is BT but I realised years ago that the BT homehubs are crap and actually use my own router.

In fact i'm using the same router now (Netgear Nighthawk R7000) that I was when Nowtv was last reliable which was over a month ago.

Recently Nowtv has become a joke. Some days it works fine. Other days the picture keeps going blocky or buffers. While at the same time Netflix and Amazon still work perfectly.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

When was the last time you re-booted your router and networking switchgear?