cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Pixelated video on resume

Any updates? I try to watch live and on demand but the image is so badly pixilated I cant watch anything for more than a minute or two before it causes a headache. I use the nowtv app on my xbox one. What can I do to sort this?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I will move your post to the Xbox One section of our help forum.

Is your Xbox connected via WIFI or Ethernet connection ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. Its connected through the WiFi . I will try the Ethernet cable hopefully that works 🙂

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

I will move your post to the Xbox One section of our help forum.

Is your Xbox connected via WIFI or Ethernet connection ?

Thanks

Andy

@Anonymous User I've seen an issue like this on my Xbox one as well . Mine is connected using ethernet (the Xbox one is not one of my registered devices for the time being) almost every device that can use NOWTV there is a small buffer The issue I experienced was that after a video had been  unpaused. Once the buffer was emptied, the video would become pixelated for about 10 seconds and then go back to Max quality again.

Strange issue. I know, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that the Xbox one works slightly differently to other devices in the sense that that everything that is done connectivity wise goes through Xbox live first before you communicate with the actual service you want to use, so there is a middleman, so to speak. I think this in some circumstances make it more difficult to determine what the correct video bitrate should be. The Xbox one is slower than other devices when it comes to reaching max video quality

@Anonymous User does the video quality, improve again after 5 to 10 seconds?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly not. I watched a 30min episode of the five live and it was bad for the whole program. But if I watch a movie its fine
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The best thing to do for now is to try using an ethernet connection as @Anonymous User suggested. And that may well make a difference. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will try . thank you 🙂