cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv Xbox One App Ireland

Now that NowTV is available in Ireland when will the NowTV app be available in the irish Xbox app store? Sky really need to up their game, amazon and netflix offer a far better experience at the moment, the lack of an Xbox app means i will not be re-subscribing once my current pass ends.

21 REPLIES 21
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F trouble with no Irish website or immediate way of knowing is folk may be pointed to wrong advice
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F

There needs to be some way of identifying our Ireland NowTV Forum members until you get the Ireland Community forum up and running.

Perhaps until NowTV Ireland have their own dedicated community forum, maybe NowTV Ireland members can be identified in some way in their Avatar picture or their username can be a different colour or something else (if this can be done in your software?), just so we know that we are helping our Ireland friends Smiley Happy

Otherwise, our first question posted back to each forum member before giving any advice will have to be are you based in the UK or Ireland ?

Totally agree with @4268 we can be given our Ireland members wrong or none relevant information due to that we assumed that they are naturally based in the UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One of the reasons I purchased Now TV subscription was so I could watch it on my Xbox. The App doesn't seem to be working properly for me though as, when I'm watching soccer the ball dissapears and becomes blurry when moving so it is impossible to follow. Anyone else in Ireland having this issue? How can I fix it? I'll be seeking a refund if they cant fix it!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If fiddling with the picture processing settings on your TV (esp. motion handling) doesn't help, I'd suggest getting in touch with the ROI team direct using their live chat facility, as this community is mainly geared up for UK users. You can get to ROI's live chat team from here

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/contact-us

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! Silly old me I was playing around with the Xbox Video Settings rather than the TV Picture Settings the whole time. It's fixed now with a simple change of the Picture Mode to Sports or Gaming. Cheers!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That is good to know, hope it's not spoiled things too much for you. Bookmark that live chat page just in case you have any further problems. 🙂

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when you use Google do you get the option in Ireland to search for Irish based sites?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thats irrelevant

I searched Google for 'nowTV ireland'. The first (sponsored) reult is

NOW TV Ireland - Official Site - Latest Movies and Must-See TV‎

Which links to www.nowtv.com. There's no 'irish' nowtv site that I can see
(yes, there's a url param that indicates ie but that's hidden and no
indication on the site as to which region the user is in.

Clicking around this site, I see no mention of xbox integration. However,
searching for nowtv xbox brings up links to the above article. Clicking on
same, there's no indication whatsoever that the user is on a different
regional site - they both look the same!
]

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Clicking on
same, there's no indication whatsoever that the user is on a different
regional site - they both look the same!

I do agree that NowTV need to do some redesign of their home web pages which can come across a little confusing the only real give away is the prices of passes either in £ pounds for the UK site and € Euro for the Republic of Ireland site.

IMO the NowTV homepage should say in large capital letters NowTV (UK) for UK customers and NowTV (Ireland) for Republic of Ireland customers.

There should be also a bold direct link button on both sites to re direct customers to their retrospective geographical areas.

Also NowTV Ireland need their only dedicated community forum up and running ASAP.

@Karl-F  What is the time frame when NowTV Ireland will have their own community forum?