cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv not working on xbox one

Now tv will not work on xbox one. Tried installing and uninstalling multiple times, hard reset multiple times, clearing cache multiple times. Still no joy
55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Would it be possible to try the steps that @Andy has posted just above this 🙂

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I updated the Now tv app last night and now i just get the "took too long to open" error, uninstalled and reinstalled app, even formatted the xbox with still no joy. Xbox is fully updated, the only issue it think it could be is that the xbox is on the insider programm so gets preview builds. But even if this is the case both Ms and Nowtv should have tested this before relasing it, Getting frustrstrated as ive just cancelled virgin tv in fav of now tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

If you are experiencing this issue please can you do the following :

Hold down the power button until your machine turns off then restart your Xbox 360.

You may have to do this several times until the app works again.

Also if you have your Xbox set to Quick Boot Mode this could also be contributing to the error message as your Xbox doesn't fully turn off, try disabling this mode and follow the above procedure.

Please note if you are on the Xbox One preview program we cannot explicitly support users who are on this as this also may be creating the error.

Our teams are continuing to look into the issue however we are not the only app that has been affected by the latest update to the Xbox One.

Thanks

Andy

The NOW TV Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy this doesn't work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I thought I would post here as I to have the same error code.

I also get advanced firmware updates as I am in the preview program.

I would say the preview updates did not help with the issue but Now TV was working even with them in place.

It was only until yesterday's Now TV App update when things went tits up so to speak.

Either way I have reported this problem directly to Microsoft so hopefully a resolution will be found.

As other people have done I uninstalled app, reset persistent cache via Blu-ray settings as per Microsoft's help page.

I also tried switching from a wired to wireless connection. This did not work but interestingly when plugging the wired cable back in I did actually get further into the app, so potentially the issue may be confounded by the connection type/router.

I use BT but this is all speculation. I think this is going to be something we will have to wait on.

However hopefully now I have reported the bug to Microsoft they can liase with Sky's developers to sort asap!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issue. It was working fine this morning, then there was a console update and now it won't launch, just comes up with the "taken too long to start" error code.

I'm in the preview program.

I've tried several suggestions but nothing has worked so far 😞

Come back Now TV, I miss you!

😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

p.s. I also did a bug report on the Xbox

hope they fix it soon! I live on that app!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem and was online with Xbox live support and went through a lot of ways to try and fix but no luck, it sucks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem.App updated now does not work.Wont even launch now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here app not launched since sky app update. Tried absolutely everything. App must not work on preview dash will have to cancel my sky subscription it seems as Netflix and Amazon apps work fine mores the pity. Sky you should be ashamed over 24 hours with not a single response. Microsoft can't help its ur app that's broke tried every trick in the book you gotta fix this guys cos we can't if it were possible for me to fix I'd be watching deadliest catch not typing on a forum again