cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv keeps crashing on Xbox one

Cannot watch a full film keeps stopping and saying something not right preventing playback my internet working fine with all other apps tried uninstalling and then installing again really angry with this don't wanna pay for something I can't use can anyone help? If not I'm just going to cancel altogether
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that 😞

How is your Xbox One connected - wireless or wired? Have you tried wired connection? Do you experience any issues with other apps? Does it happen on certain times during the day - morning, evening?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried both wireless and wired and it keeps cutting out all of my other apps work my little one getting upset when she enjoying a film and it stops working making me very angry thinking of just cancelling I've really had enough of it now
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your Xbox. 

I understand that you have tried a number of steps, but can you please let me know if you experience this issue on any other devices? I know you have stated that you don't experience this issue with any other app. However, please can you try turning off your router for a few minutes. Turns this back in and then reconnect your Xbox. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried on my mobile and have also tried my now tv box and it's doing the same also tried Turning my router off and even thought it takes longer to crash it still crashes unfortunately
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Is this happening only when you try to watch a certain show or movie? 

If not, can you please try a broadband download speedtest and let us know the result.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rich L,

As the previous user has not responded to your comment I wanted to say that I have been having the same issue on the xbox one. Every 2 minutes (or sometimes less) playback stops and I get an error saying that a problem is preventing playback.

I have tested my broadband connection and it is fine. I have reset my router, and my xbox one, and I have the same issue. This has happened several times over a couple of days. Is there anything beyond resetting the xbox and/or router that you can recommend? At the moment this issue makes Now TV unwatchable.

Many thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Could you let us know who your Internet Provider is please?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue on Xbox One - not having issues with other apps and WiFi connection is running fast and fine. I'm on Virgin.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm having the same issue on Xbox One - not having issues with other apps and WiFi connection is running fast and fine. I'm on Virgin.

@Anonymous User

Hi

Welcome to the forum

could you try the following steps to resolve this

Clear the cache

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick isn't connected to the console.
  3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will make sure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
  4. Plug the power cable back into the console and wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  5. Turn on the console using the power button.

Let us know if this helps

Thanks

Aaron