cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not great...

I signed up to Now tv a few days ago and brought a weeks pass, aswell the movies trial.
Every 10 or so mins it kicks me out with an 'Error 3'.

I've looked through another thread and tried those things, aswell as some stuff on google but to bo avail. I dont have any issues with any other stteaming service like ,etflix, Prime, iplayer etc.
Is this something someone is trying to patch up, as I probably wont use the service till it's fixes, as it feels like a bit of a waste of money.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I signed up to Now tv a few days ago and brought a weeks pass, aswell the movies trial.
Every 10 or so mins it kicks me out with an 'Error 3'.

I've looked through another thread and tried those things, aswell as some stuff on google but to bo avail. I dont have any issues with any other stteaming service like ,etflix, Prime, iplayer etc.
Is this something someone is trying to patch up, as I probably wont use the service till it's fixes, as it feels like a bit of a waste of money.

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear this, if you follow these steps this will resolve your issue:

• Error codes
  • Check for updates
  • Return the box

Error codes

If the error code's.... ...then...
There’s a slight niggle with what you’re trying to watch (98) try:
  • re-selecting the movie or show and playing it again.
  • pressing Play on your remote on the movie or show you're trying to watch.
  • selecting Watching Now on the movie or show you're trying to watch.
011 this could be caused by a problem with the Roku servers which is where what the box initially connects to. If troubleshooting doesn't resolve the issue they will need to wait for the servers to allow the connection.

Go to next step.
100 this intermittent issue normally resolves itself within a few days however troubleshooting can be tried to resolve it quicker.

Go to Check for updates.

Check for updates
On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.
If this hasn't resolved the issue and it's:

• error 011, hard reset the box.
  • error 100, factory reset the box.

Hard reset the box
On the back of the NOW TV box, or the bottom if it’s a NOW TV Smart Box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).

Factory reset the box
Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
  2. Choose Factory Reset.
  3. Choose Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button 3 times.

Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.
If this hasn't worked, and you have a black (Victoria) NOW TV box, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.
If the issue's not fixed, this may be a temporary issue and therefore should be tried again later. In the meantime, you can watch NOW TV on our other supported devices.

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 😉