cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New App - Media Controls

The new Xbox app is a MASSIVE improvement. It uses the interface of the Now box, that works well.
I'm not sure if it's just me though, but the controls on my media remote for the Xbox don't work anymore. Play, rewind, ff do nothing and I have to click Ok/Select then again on the onscreen media controls.
If it is the case that these aren't working on the new app, would it be possible to allow their use again on the next update please?

Time to tackle the Windows App next 😉 *cough*UWP*cough*

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still broken on my Xbox One X. Works ok on my Xbox One though.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

already been said but another user here annoyed that voice controls via kinect or the media remote for play/pauss/ff etc no longer work.

Assume sky only bothered testing the app with a base xbox gamepad. Pretty slack for something getting rolled out across thousands of paying customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not only is my media remote not working regarding play/pause/rewind/ff. The ability to use Xbox voice commands has been lost (i.e. "Xbox pause", "Xbox play") while other Xbox voice commands unrelated to the app still work (i.e. "Xbox volume up").

Regressing the accessibility is rediculous and such an update should have been tested before being released.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're glad to hear you like the changes to the Xbox app @Anonymous User. 

In regards to your query regarding the remote control, it is something that we are aware of and hope to have a fix in our next update, although I can't give you a date at this time. 

Thanks again for your feedback, its greatly appreciated. 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Question please... is this issue being acted upon or are you just going to leave it till it's forgotten about and accepted?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for fixing in the latest release. Works perfectly again. Also no more pixelation after unpausing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sorry but it's got to be said, it really has.

this is typical software developers.

we'll update this app, force you to use it, and then you'll discover it's not as good as before but you'll have to wait till we can be bothered to correct our mistakes.

you don't give us a choice, I switched on my Xbox and had to use the new, faulty, app.

a much improved user experience, not...

why do you do this?

why do you feel the need to cause so much stress? There is enough stress without these tings adding too it.

thanks for this it really is appreciated, it's just what I needed today.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I've got to say I'm getting pretty fed up of the lack of playback controls on the Xbox One media remote since the recent update.

Please roll out a fix as soon as possible and get the development team to add a test case for it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is that gong to include the ability to use the NowTV app on two Xbox ones without constantly having to log in everytime, as that issue was being looked into last October...

come on, how long do these things really take to resolve?