cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kinect voice commands

Hi. Was just wondering if anyone knew of any Kinect voice commands I could use? It's really irritating when watching a series to keep turning my controller on and off to play next episode. I know I could use smart glass but I'm normally in the middle of something on my phone too.

Really just wanna know if there's a voice command to play next episode?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are none for the app, but you can initiate the native voice commands by saying "XBox Select".
The options on screen will then be highlighted with your theme colour and this text is a voice command you can give.
It'll probably be like "XBox Select", "Watch Now" where the Watch Now button is on screen.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you but I tried that and it kept opening the Xbox media app lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, I was fed up of turning my controller on at the end of each episode too.
I bought an XBox One Media Remote for about £15 and it's one of the best things I've bought. Just pick it up, point and click, no more waiting to connect 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you think I'm gonna have to invest in one of them, that sounds better than voice commands haha!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it's anything like mine it does mishear. I've just tried it and the first time it went to sign in!
Anyway, I would definitely recommend the remote if you're watching a lot of now tv through your Xbox, it makes it so much easier.
Enjoy! 🙂