cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep having to sign in

App keeps asking me to sign in everyday and it's becoming a pain. Amazon video app has only ever asked me to sign in once.

Its forcing us to watch competitors as we can't be bothered logging in as it's easier to load another app and watch something else.

My Xbox logs into my profile on startup and been through privacy setting but can't see anything related. If it was related to this I would think Amazon would be same.

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I have had to do to solve this problem is get my sons NOW TV boxes and remove the app from thier consoles and left the console in the living room with it on.

Since doing that I haven't had to login once, so it is defo linked some how. No idea why as competitors don't do it (but they also don't have a 4 device limit).

So for anyone else looking at this thread, you CAN'T you the same Now TV account on mulitple consoles without the hassle of having to login each time.

Dave

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Does both Xbox's use the same Gamer ID ?

If so this would be correct as NOW TV ataches itself to the Gamer ID and would then transfer when you signed into the other Xbox.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Odd but Ok... Whats the solution here then? This isnt something that occurs with Netflix / Amazon. Do i need to set up another xbox live account especially for NowTV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an Xbox One with 2 gamertags on it, my wife's and my own. Often both accounts will be signed in at the same time (because of Kinect) and I get this issue of having keep signing in. We only started using Now TV at Christmas but this annoyance is enough to make me not continue a subscription. All other similar apps (Netflix, Amazon etc) just work giving a smooth experience, Now TV does not. As stated above, we'll end up just using the other services instead.

Is a fix being worked on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the frustrations.

NOW TV does attach itself to the Gamer ID. We'll passalong your feedback regarding this but, in the interest of managing expectations, can't confirm whether a change in this possible or will be implemented.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, going back to my previously unanswered posts..... Is there a solution?

From the sounds of the above post, setting up NowTV on a separate xbox live account wont fix the issue?

Are you saying the solution is not to use NowTV if you have multiple xbox's or xbox live accounts?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I apologise for the delay. 

The NOW TV account links to the XBOX Live account, so cannot be signed in at the same time. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

No information on that one yet, however we're still looking into this as we speak.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, hopefully you can land on a Netflixy solution promptly, as currently you are falsly advertising your product & your website should probably read 'register 4 devices and watch 2 at the same time*'

*(unless its 2 xbox's!).

I'd suggest someone takes a look at this website;

https://www.gov.uk/marketing-advertising-law/describing-your-product -

Annoying inconvenience on an otherwise superb service, hope to hear about a solution shortly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok just seen your follow up post. Still not really answering the question but sounds like you are confirming there is no way of using 2 xbox devices with NowTV without having to sign on every time.

So you are currently falsely advertising your product.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me but my app is on the LG smart TV, only started doing this since the latest update..