cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep having to sign in

App keeps asking me to sign in everyday and it's becoming a pain. Amazon video app has only ever asked me to sign in once.

Its forcing us to watch competitors as we can't be bothered logging in as it's easier to load another app and watch something else.

My Xbox logs into my profile on startup and been through privacy setting but can't see anything related. If it was related to this I would think Amazon would be same.

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I have had to do to solve this problem is get my sons NOW TV boxes and remove the app from thier consoles and left the console in the living room with it on.

Since doing that I haven't had to login once, so it is defo linked some how. No idea why as competitors don't do it (but they also don't have a 4 device limit).

So for anyone else looking at this thread, you CAN'T you the same Now TV account on mulitple consoles without the hassle of having to login each time.

Dave

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The xbox consoles don't use the same GamerTag, they use the same Now TV account.

Dave

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think thats the issue Dave, 

When you sign into NOW TV with your xbox live account it's then bound to the account, so signing into NOW TV with a different Xbox Live account resets the binding to that new account.

If you sign in with the same xbox live account and the same NOW TV account on 2 different machines you should still be automatically signed in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I think thats the issue Dave, 

When you sign into NOW TV with your xbox live account it's then bound to the account, so signing into NOW TV with a different Xbox Live account resets the binding to that new account.

If you sign in with the same xbox live account and the same NOW TV account on 2 different machines you should still be automatically signed in.

So NOW TV should change the description of the service so people know this as am sure my setup is very common. Xbox in living room with my GamerTag on, Xbox in kids room with his GamerTag on. Both use the same NOW TV account (obviously).

Think once my vouchers run out this time, will look elsewhere. Trouble is wife puts it on and it asks for username/password, it's quicker to load Amazon App and watch something on that. By the way which has NEVER prompted me for a username/password since typing it in on day 1 and that is used exactly the same way as the NOW TV app.

So the developers of the app need some tips help from the developers of the Amazon App.

Dave

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I have had to do to solve this problem is get my sons NOW TV boxes and remove the app from thier consoles and left the console in the living room with it on.

Since doing that I haven't had to login once, so it is defo linked some how. No idea why as competitors don't do it (but they also don't have a 4 device limit).

So for anyone else looking at this thread, you CAN'T you the same Now TV account on mulitple consoles without the hassle of having to login each time.

Dave

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How is this an accepted solution? NowTV should work on 4 devices without having to log in each time.

I have xbox one and xbox 360 and alternate between the two frequently. Having to log in each time is ridiculous. Are NowTV working on a fix?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch I do apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Do you experience the same issue?

Does this issue occur when you have 4 devices registered to your account?

We'll have to pass this on to our tech team to look into further. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keeps asking me to sign in and it's driving me mad. Going to get rid of Now to because it's a pain in the neck. Got two boxes. One downstairs and one upstairs. Four devises. Don't understand why this is happening. Also when I try to watch anything upstairs,I just get the sound and unauthorised content across the screen. I give up,waste of money

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue, two boys have each have an Xbox and i am always having to log them in!! It is driving me crazy!

At first it created some tension with the kids, then i just started saying watch Amazon prime for now. Wont renew now TV when it expires.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Wont renew now TV when it expires.

In that case @Anonymous User... Don't forget to actually 'cancel' your current NOW TV subscription/s or it/they will 'roll over' automatically and your registered credit/debit card will be charged.

All of which is clearly stated within the NOW TV terms and conditions and on all NOW TV promotional marketing documentation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes until recently there were 4 devices but i removed one as i didnt recognise it (maybe an old phone or something). So now its 3 but still experiencing the same issue. Only between xbox one and xbox 360 on same network, both wired to same router. Logging in on one instantly logs out the other.