cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep having to sign in

App keeps asking me to sign in everyday and it's becoming a pain. Amazon video app has only ever asked me to sign in once.

Its forcing us to watch competitors as we can't be bothered logging in as it's easier to load another app and watch something else.

My Xbox logs into my profile on startup and been through privacy setting but can't see anything related. If it was related to this I would think Amazon would be same.

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I have had to do to solve this problem is get my sons NOW TV boxes and remove the app from thier consoles and left the console in the living room with it on.

Since doing that I haven't had to login once, so it is defo linked some how. No idea why as competitors don't do it (but they also don't have a 4 device limit).

So for anyone else looking at this thread, you CAN'T you the same Now TV account on mulitple consoles without the hassle of having to login each time.

Dave

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have two Xboxs and each time we have used one we have to sign back into the other app and Vice Versa
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem also affects me. I hope Nowtv sort this issue soon or I will also be cancelling my account and going else where.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep having to sign in on Firefox, on a Mac.

It's really annoying because my password is about a million characters long.  Even using a password manager means faffing around. I usually pause a programme and re-turn to it later... but because I've then been signed out, I get an error message and have to repeat the process.

It's not like it's just a single click, either. It's sign in -> Click Entertainment -> My TV -> Select the program -> Wait for NowTV to do its thing -> finally watch it. When I only get a few minutes break here and there to catch up, this eats into a significant portion of time just to get back into it.

There's an option to remember username, but not 'stay signed in'.

Would really be helpful if you'd just keep me signed in until I explicitly log out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also very disatisfied with this:

I switch between NOWTV on Xbox One to NOWTV on Xbox 360 regularly.  I'm not even using both at the same time, but I always have to sign in again when switching device.

Laying the blame at the door of xbox is just laziness, every other streaming app with a login account can cope with this, why not NOWTV?  It's bad enough there's still no 5.1 surround, but that's for another post...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really unhappy about this too.

I picked a long unsername and password for security.....which we now have to enter each time we use the account on Xbox's.

Gettting to be very very annoying!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having similar problems but it keeps signing me out of both my xboxs. We never use them at the same time and despite both xboxs signing into and using the same Xbox live account it so forgets my login details so I gave to put then reach time. Very annoying
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

Please try the following steps which should help:

Clear your Xbox cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Select System Settings
  4. Select Storage or Memory
  5. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller (it doesn't matter which storage device you select, the cache will be cleared for all storage devices)
  6. Select Clear System Cache
  7. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes

If this does not work, please delete and re-install the NOW TV app.

Delete and re-install the NOW TV app on your Xbox

Here's some information on deleting the NOW TV app

Please re-install the NOW TV app using one of the methods below;

Method 1

1. Go to the Apps section on the dashboard
  2. Click on Browse Apps
  3. Go to the Video section and find the NOW TV app
  4. Click on the app and download

Method 2

1. Go to the Apps section on the dashboard
  2. Enter NOW TV into the search field
  3. Press A to search
  4. Click on the app and download

Check your locale (location) settings;

Lastly, you'll need to check your locale settings, you can do this by completing the steps below;

1. Press the Guide button on your controller
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Click on System Settings
  4. Click on Console Settings
  5. Click on Language and Locale
  6. Click on Locale
  7. Confirm that the selected locale is United Kingdom. If it’s not then please select United Kingdom

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you signing in on another Xbox One / 360 console with the same account? That may be why you are getting the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that is a feature of Now TV, 4 devices with 2 watching at same time!

Dave