cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to get rid of "Watch something new"

It's one of the most annoying parts of Now TV. I'm happily finishing an episode of something when "WATCH SOMETHING NEW. MORE LIKE THIS" comes up. I just want to get rid of it, it's invasive and unnecessary. Atm I've got Now TV on a two week trial but the stupidity of this annoying feature will stop me paying because it's migraine inducing.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can't All Subscriber IPTV services force product placement at you in the end credits now...  They just have a different GUI's...

Amazon with Xray GUI force up the next recommendation video as well

Netflix do the same... at the End of content... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appreciate the help but have no idea what most of that means. Netflix might very well have something similar but it's nowhere near as intrusive and doesn't ruin the end of episodes. I just want to turn off the "more like this" thing which pops up before the show is even over. To be clear I am using an Xbox One. If there really is no way to do this then wow, that's beyond ludicrous. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it cant be turned off and i agree it comes to early alot of the time and spoils the end of shows or at least last time had entertainment pass it did i no longer have entertainment pass.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. If anyone from Now TV is reading this you've lost at least one, possibly two, customers over a very silly and easily sortable issue.

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch about the recommendation popup.

We find for the majority of cases, this works very well in allowing customers to easily reach the next episode in a show, or finding something else they want to watch. That said, we know it's not quite perfect yet, and fortunately it can be tweaked!

Could you let us know exactly which shows or episodes you've found the pop-up appearing early?

We appreciate the frustration when the timing is off, so we'll do our best to amend it for you.

Many thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It was every episode of You, Me and the Apocalypse, South Park and Treasure
Island among others. Why can't I just turn it off, why isn't that an
option? It's ridiculous, I am perfectly capable of searching through the
available programmes on my own and intrusive pop ups simply put me off
subscribing to your service at all
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

A full check of You, Me and the Apocalypse and Treasure Island (movie and TV show) showed that the pop up appeared as expected during the credits - not too early or during the actual show. This is the same across every device. I had a look through some South Park episodes but the ones I checked also appeared at the right time. Do let me know if there are any specific episodes which are misbehaving.

As in my previous post, we do find that most customers appreciate being able to watch the next episode at the push of a button, as well as getting recommendations of what to watch next. The idea is to save people some time searching or clicking around.

That said, I do see where you're coming from in regards to being able to switch off the functionality, and I'll be sure to pass over this feedback. Where would you expect this option to be - in the My Account section, or somewhere else? Is there anything else we could do to minimise how intrusive you feel it is (as compared to other providers you mentioned)?

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The fact it pops up at all is irritating enough but it was made a hundred times worse when I tried to rewatch the last few moments of the episode. I wanted to see how the main character would escape a situation (trying to not include spoilers) but every time I tried to rewind the pop up would come along and prevent me. If there is a way of restarting the episode from the beginning (so I could fast forward) I couldn't see how to do that either. It's just an annoying little feature that gets on my nerves and judging from other people complaining about it here it just serves as an irritant. I'm not fussed where the option to turn it off is located, I just wish there WAS an option.

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Thanks for the info @Anonymous User

The pop-up overlaying the player controls is a good point. Usually this is to help people who want to start the next episode do so in one button press. On Xbox One, I believe you can FF or RW using the bumper buttons which should help, but if this is interrupted by the pop-up then I'll make the developers aware.

I'll pass all your comments along. We'd like to improve where we can, and appreciate not all functionality will suit all tastes. Feel free to give us a shout anytime if the popup is ever early.

Thanks,

Jason