cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code on Xbox one of c00d7159

When I try and load a film in now TV app on my Xbox one it keeps saying "sorry but your TV is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play out content" How do I sort this out cause I'm just wasting money for now TV
308 REPLIES 308
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@schnapps
I know mine is set to 1080p but I didn't have time to check what my partners is on, I will check when I see him tomorrow and get back to everyone as soon as I do.
On my Xbox it still definitely doesn't work 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable
If you remove yourself from the preview programme it will wipe all the stuff off your xbox so beware. If there was a new update on Xbox and now TV isn't working then now TV need to lose with xbox about fixing it. Anyone else noticed that tv from sky app isn't working either?
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User . This issue is for the most part, affecting people who are signed up to the Xbox preview programme, which means they receive what Microsoft refer to as preview updates for the Xbox one OS. These updates are in effect beta updates and are not the finished article, as is the nature with with beta software. There is a chance not everything is going to work. 

I myself use NowTV on Xbox one. Although I am not part of the preview program, which means I am on the standard release version of the Xbox one OS and NowTV is working fine. NowTV release fairly regular updates to the app to make sure it works with the standard release version of the Xbox one OS

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Liaise with xbox not lose!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I removed myself from the preview programme before I saw the comment about it wiping everything. Ah well, that's going to be a lot of reinstalling in a few days.

For me it stopped working mid-show. I got the HDCP message, followed immediately by 'X-Box needs an update' and it just didn't work from there. Removed all cables, turned off at the wall etc etc, nothing. I'm relegated to the iPad.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same as above everything was working fine and has been for months and now this error code out of nowhere.
I have tried all the advice given on the forum yet still not able to play content, I have an entertainment pass and movie pass but cannot use either of them.
Will I be getting some kind of reimbursement for the loss of service?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive had the same problem since the update and pat for both passes it's crazy it's not been fixed yet!

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi,
My Xbox has just updated and now my now tv app isn't working, all it says is 'your tv is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play out content'
1. I don't even know what HDCP means
And 2. It was working fine before so if it is the new Xbox update then is there an update coming for now tv? If so can it be soon please?
Thanks Bethen

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi,
My Xbox has just updated and now my now tv app isn't working, all it says is 'your tv is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play out content'
1. I don't even know what HDCP means
And 2. It was working fine before so if it is the new Xbox update then is there an update coming for now tv? If so can it be soon please?
Thanks Bethen

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're really sorry the Xbox One issue is still ongoing, but we've got good news for you! Microsoft have now identified a bug from the preview release and are on the case to get this sorted as soon as possible. We'll keep you posted with further updates and let you know as soon as this has been resolved. In the meantime you can keep watching on any other device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated today with the latest preview build and NOWTV still has the same issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting us know that Microsoft have identified the problem, that is good news.