cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code on Xbox one of c00d7159

When I try and load a film in now TV app on my Xbox one it keeps saying "sorry but your TV is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play out content" How do I sort this out cause I'm just wasting money for now TV
308 REPLIES 308
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's when I try to play content
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to for the issues you have encountered with the Xbox app. Can you please let us know if you are still having this issue? 

Can you please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried? 

If you could please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, then turn off your Xbox and unplug the console for a few minutes. 

Plug these back in and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
My Xbox has just updated and now my now tv app isn't working, all it says is 'your tv is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play out content'
1. I don't even know what HDCP means
And 2. It was working fine before so if it is the new Xbox update then is there an update coming for now tv? If so can it be soon please?
Thanks Bethen
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same problem here, just had console update and getting "your TV is non compliant hdcp so you are unauthorised to playout content".

Everything was working fine last night so can only assume the update has borked it.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

If your TV screen is displaying the HDCP (High bandwidth Digital Content Protection) message then switch off both your TV and Xbox at the power mains, disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends, then reconnect the HDMI cable and switch back on your TV and Xbox again (Hopefully that will remove the HDCP message).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nope,tried it and still getting same error message. Thanks for the suggestion though.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your TV (if available) and maybe a different HDMI cable if you got a spare in the house ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried the Amazon app and that's working fine, just seems to be Now tv that it's happening with.

Edit: Also iplayer and Blu-ray discs are playing fine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Still worth trying if you can a different HDMI port on your TV and cable just to see if it clears the HDCP message when using the NowTV app even though the Amazon app plays fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps,

Tried changing hdmi cable and port but still the same. I think this is definitely related to the xbox update.