cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code on Xbox one of c00d7159

When I try and load a film in now TV app on my Xbox one it keeps saying "sorry but your TV is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play out content" How do I sort this out cause I'm just wasting money for now TV
308 REPLIES 308
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have deleted app and re installed it and also took the hdmi cable out and put it back in and is still not working I am not happy at all its wasting my money
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've been unable to view on your Xbox. Can you try another HDMI cable if the issue still persists.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am having this issue myself , previously I was able to watch now tv on my Xbox one on the same to without any issues , now it says that I have a hdcp error and that I can not watch any programs on my 32inch tech wood tv. I have changed the hdmi cable several times and I have had the same error as the result. Furthermore I have tried my Xbox one setup on a 19inch Samsung tv and now tv works perfectly. This issue has caused me significant issues and I would like to ask NOW TV in its next patch please fix this issue as not everybody has a spare TV or monitor and furthermore, this will cause significant financial issues for me and other individuals who will look to replace their tv. 

Why the sudden change from being able to work to not working at all ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that 😞

Can you double check whether your TV has HDCP enabled, try a different TV and different HDMI port and finally reset your TV?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brigit 

i have double checked my techwood 32inch tv unfortunately does not have different hdmi port. As I have state in my previous post I have tried a different tv to be specific a 19 inch Samsung tv it works fine on another tv , but that unfortunately doesn't solve my problem. I have checked if the to has HDCP enabled , I believe it has always been on as its only been the last week or so where I have had This error preventing me from watching now to . I have reset the TV and tried a different hdmi cable from make sure that I don't have a cable issue, it returned the same error

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated as , I just don't understand why the sudden problem has appeared

Robert 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this problem persists. Can you please go onto your Xbox settings for me then switch the energy setting of power mode to energy saving and then power off the Xbox and power it back resulting in the long start up process, go back to the NOW TV app and try to play out for me.

If that fails are you able to try a HDMI splitter. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ranj

I have tried what you have suggested and it all has failed , a hdmi splitter just produced the same result as before , placing the Xbox into energy saving mode did not help at all it produced the same results 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem using the xbox app so annoying been like this for a week tried all the suggested fixes why pay for something and something stupid like this happens
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your getting that error message.

How is your Xbox connected to your TV ? 

The message relates to the way the Xbox is "speaking" to your TV set, and if you have any wireless display adaptors plugged in it will generate that error code.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, it's happening to me too when I try to play content