cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code on Xbox one of c00d7159

When I try and load a film in now TV app on my Xbox one it keeps saying "sorry but your TV is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play out content" How do I sort this out cause I'm just wasting money for now TV
308 REPLIES 308
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code has only came up after few months of running find when I try to play a film. I have tried restarting the now TV app. Reinstalled the app. Signing the acount in and out a hard rest on the Xbox and every other step I can find still the same error code. What else can I do apart from unsubscribe from now tv and go back to Netflix? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The problem is caused by a recent Preview update to the Xbox, NOW TV have informed Microsoft of the problem and they are working on a fix at the moment. You can read the NOW TV Team's post on it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Xbox-One/Error-Code-c00d7159-Xbox-One/m-p/400011#U400011

In the meantime, if you haven't already, might be worth checking the supported devices list to see if there's anything else you have that can be used to watch on.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wont work yet

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I force quit the app and browsers, signed back in and it works perfect now. Hope this helps. I'd only just signed up 10 mins ago and got the error straight away and was annoyed. Sorted now thougj
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, but your TV is non-compliant (HDCP) so you are unauthorised to play content. Error code (c00d7159). I see other people have had the same issue, but can't see any answers other than turn off / unplug cables. Anyone get an answer to this that worked?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am using nowtv on an Xbox one and when trying to playback I get the "Sorry, but your TV is non-compliant (HDCP) so you you are unauthorised to play content" error message. Error code (c00d7159). I see other people have had the same issue, but can't see any answers other than turn off / unplug cables. Anyone get an answer to this that worked? Thanks
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Do you use any screen capturing device with your xbox at all? - any kind of recording device will cause issues with the service.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
I am not using any recording device (other than trying to play through my Xbox one which is capable of recording...), any other ideas?
Thanks
Andy
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that this is still ongoing.

Can you try using a different hdmi cable to see if that helps. Another possible fix is to try your Xbox on another TV and if NOW TV plays okay, plug it back into the original tv and it should now work okay.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there I am getting same message on my xbox one please help