cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App still pixelated and unwatchable

Hi,

Since I started using the Now TV app on my Xbox One the picture has been pixelated and barely watchable on a regular basis. This doesn't happen with other streaming apps (Netflix and Amazon work just fine) and my broadband speed is 40mbs according to my account (it's with you guys). So far I have tried:

*Closing and reopening the app

*Restarting my Xbox

*Restarting my router

*Uninstalling and reinstalling the app

*Clearing the cache

*Checking 50hz is enabled

*Changed my WiFi channel

*Changing my DNS settings as this guy suggested in a different thread

Have you tried adjusting the DNS settings?

if not here are the steps

1. Go to Settings then choose Network.
  2. Choose Advanced Settings and make a note of your Gateway.
  3. Click IP Settings then Manual and in IP Address enter your Gateway but make the last digit different i.e. 10.
  4. In Subnet Mask enter 255.255.255.0 then in Gateway enter the number you made a note of.
  5. In Primary DNS enter your Gateway number again then in Secondary DNS enter 0.0.0.0.

Let us know if this hepls

Thanks

Aaron

None of this has provided a permanent fix. Changing the WiFi channel has helped slightly; it was fine for a week or two but has now started pixellating again. Things are okay some of the time, sometimes slipping in and out of focus, but I don't mind that. But at others, the picture is barely watchable and constantly blurry and pixelated.

What can I do about this as it's starting to get ridiculous now. I'm paying for a service I'm not getting.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update: I spent three hours last night using Now TV on my Xbox 360. So clearly the problem is the app for the Xbox One.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Update: I spent three hours last night using Now TV on my Xbox 360. So clearly the problem is the app for the Xbox One.

Hi @Anonymous User

This is probably a long shot, but you could always try using Google U.K.'s DNS servers. Change the DNS settings of your Xbox one, just as you where directed above

Primary DNS 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

Also, if your ISP is BT. I believe there is something on BT routers called smart setup. This can sometimes interferes with NowTV, so you could try disabling this feature/setting. If your ISP is BT that is

I hope this helpsSmiley Happy

EDIT 

Sorry for the errors. I've corrected them now. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.