cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'oops, something went wrong while acquiring license.' on XBOX 360

Hi,

I started watching 11.22.63 last night and when attempting to watch the second episode, a message stating there were problems while acquiring license appeared. I tried checking the xbox 360 status website, all fine. I tried logging in and out of my account, still no luck, i tried turning the console on and off, still no luck. When i tried an episode of modern family it came up with the messsage again. Clicking back onto another episode resulted in a loading 'swirl' for about an hour and a half. I left it till the morning to try again; still not working.

So i went on live chat for a good hour this morning, trying all sorts, deleting my xbox cache, deleting the app, trying on the laptop, logging in and out, configuing settings, deleting storage data.... still no luck. One programme that i randomly chose started playing but then going back to play it agin later resulted in the never ending buffering. The good people at NOWTV are apparently going to email me within 24 hours, with hopefully a solution, however i was wondering if anyone has anymore suggestions?! 

Help would be much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that, I can imagine that's frustrating.  

Could you tell us how you're connected to the Internet? do you use an open network or VPN anything like that?

Also are your location settings set to the UK? 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im on a BT home hub wifi, ive checked my locale settings, cleared my xbox cache, tried connecting to my phone hotspot, ive deleted and re deleted, ive logged in and back. Ive gone on live chat 3 times now with only the recent time (30 mins ago) seeming like i may actually get somewhere. Ive tried everything. Hopefully the email i was requested to reply to stating the issues will work but ive gotten to the final day of my trial without being able to watch almost anything (apart from a few odd episodes of modern family if i was lucky) for almost half my trial time. Im hesitant to purchase a month pass purely because of this issue, im worried the content will still be unavailable and its wasting my money, however i really want to continue NOWTV (if its actually working obviously) 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This might be worth trying if you haven't done it yet.

If you are using a BT HomeHub or the new smart BT Router make sure that the smart setup is disabled (see link below on how to switch off the smart setup feature on the BT Routers).

Also whilst you are in the Router settings press the Refresh home network button as well.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok thankyou i will try in the am, again modern family seems to have no issues atm so i will check everything else in the am, i hope its sorted itself out! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just to let you know that NowTV had some technical difficulties with the show 11.22.63 at their end (see link below for further information).

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Episode-2-of-11-22-63-will-not-play/td-p/392427

Edit - Ignore the above i have just realized that you are aware of this and i can see you forum name posted in this above thread. Smiley Embarassed