cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox 360 freezing

I can be on the app for a minute or so before everything freezes, controller no longer works and I have to hard reset the console. This only happens when using the NowTV app.
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same problem for a little while too. Got given advice via live chat to clear cache on xbox and to follow below steps but this has not resolved the problem! Pasting in case it works for anyone else..have also been told tech support will contact me in 24-48 hours..

• 1. Press the Guide button on your Xbox 360 controller to get to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2.Go to Console Settings, click Display, and then select Reference Levels, followed by Expanded.
    3. Return to Display and click on HDMI Colour Space and then select Source

• To clear your cache:
    1.Follow the first step in Solution 1.
    2.In System Settings, select Storage or Memory.
    3.Highlight a storage device (any will do) and then press Y on your controller.
    4.When asked to Confirm storage device maintenance, just click Yes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I only really watch now tv on my 360 in my bedroom, so I will probably just cancel it. As soon as I open the app and start searching for something everything freezes, it's very annoying having to get out my warm bed, into the cold and restart the Xbox. Even my cats p'd off because I have to keep moving him. Very inconvient for all parties.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve got the same problem - XBOX 360 freezes during a search of programmes.  My subscription has lapsed and I was going to renew but will hold off for now thanks to all these comments. 

I think the problem stems from a March update and it’s likely that the release wasn’t fully tested on the 360 platform. But I can only base that on thirty odd years as a software developer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. Quality is perfect it's just when I search for stuff my xbox keeps freezing. Can anyone help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my x box constantly freezing with now tv, just bought a 6 month entertainment pass  and a month pass for movies, its pretty much unusable

i think ill have to go back to netflix, that never crashed

is nobody from Now TV going to come up with any solutions to this ????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having the same issue. Entertainment is unusable but cinema is fine. Any solutions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem here!! Has anybody found a solution??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having same problem. Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, 4od etc etc all okay. Now Tv entertainment, keeps freezing!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem. Can watch for 20 minutes or so before screen freezes. I have to reset Xbox as control freezes too.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here. It’s been a while since I used it but it worked fine before. I had to update the app when I restarted my subscription and it now freezes after a couple of minutes of use, forcing a restart of the Xbox. It then works okay for a while.