cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV not working on XBOX 360.

Hello,

Since Tuesday, when I signed up for a trail for 30 days.

Since Tuesday, I logged in the app on my Xbox 360.

I went to watch a film, and I get this error: Sorry, NOW TV is not avaible right now.

I've contacted NOW TV who passed the issue onto secound line support who have a turn around of 24 hours.

They suggested to me it's my internet?

It's not my internet, I can do online gaming, YoutTube, Netflix and other things on the XBOX without any issues.

It's connected to a 100mbps wire to the router, so it can't be the speed.

My ISP have looked into the issue and did some tests to NOW TV servers and confirmed there is no issue on their side (my ISP side) or my side. 

The issue is on NOW TV's side.

Yesterday I got an email from the secound line of support (after waiting long time) suggest some tips for my NOW TV Box and my wireless? I guess they never bothered to read as I stated many times, it's an XBOX 360 and it's on a wire connection.

I got promised to yesterday on their Facebook page I'd get an email today - I've got no email still.

Look forward to some help.

NOW TV HELP - Your Enquiry [ ref:_00DG0BmYO._500G0eDvrz:ref

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm very sorry that this issue is still unresolved. 

I'll send you an email with an update and further information.

Cheers,

Kris

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry to hear you're having problems when trying to view on your Xbox. So we don't go over already covered ground can I ask which steps you have already taken.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now 2019 and still not working on xbox 360?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If the issue was NowTVs side you'd see the forums full of XBox users complaining, a bit like the LG Blu-ray / Soundbar users are. 

As they aren't it's likely the issue is somewhere further along the lines from them. 

You quote 100mb broadband, I presume via Virgin? Their local peering can be pretty rubbish and ends up throttling at the interconnects.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have the same issue, starts loading and then shows check status. Im on xbox live have a good wired connection with xbox devices selected on my account.  Is there an update on this?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? Can you tell us what are you trying to watch (Live or on demand)? 

Does anything similar work on any other device?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes tried all the trouble shooting steps basically on demand or live TV will not play through the hdmi cable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried a different TV by any chance? Can you take a photo of the screen?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. NOW TV works fone on two Apple TV boxes but the Xbox gives the same error described by everyone else. Wired ethernet, Sky App used to work but now errors saying "we have had a problem playing this video as it requires HDCP for playback. Please check your HDMI connection supports HDCP and your tv was on at the time the error occured."

I guess this is the route of the problem faced by so many of us?

I too have tried all the trouble shooting options previously discussed eg cache, reinstall, locale, etc etc.

frustrating that it still causes issues 4 years after being highlighted.

W

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your message. 

Have you tried a different HDMI cable or TV?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same with the sky app but that actually states it's an HDCP issue.

I have hooked up an Apple TV with the same HDMI and TV and input and it works great. It is something to do with the App for NOW TV for Xbox 360.

Thanks for your reply.

I hope it can be resolved as it will be annoying not to have NOW available downstairs. We have the Sky Box there but we were going to get movies through NOW.

Regards,

W