cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV not working on XBOX 360.

Hello,

Since Tuesday, when I signed up for a trail for 30 days.

Since Tuesday, I logged in the app on my Xbox 360.

I went to watch a film, and I get this error: Sorry, NOW TV is not avaible right now.

I've contacted NOW TV who passed the issue onto secound line support who have a turn around of 24 hours.

They suggested to me it's my internet?

It's not my internet, I can do online gaming, YoutTube, Netflix and other things on the XBOX without any issues.

It's connected to a 100mbps wire to the router, so it can't be the speed.

My ISP have looked into the issue and did some tests to NOW TV servers and confirmed there is no issue on their side (my ISP side) or my side. 

The issue is on NOW TV's side.

Yesterday I got an email from the secound line of support (after waiting long time) suggest some tips for my NOW TV Box and my wireless? I guess they never bothered to read as I stated many times, it's an XBOX 360 and it's on a wire connection.

I got promised to yesterday on their Facebook page I'd get an email today - I've got no email still.

Look forward to some help.

NOW TV HELP - Your Enquiry [ ref:_00DG0BmYO._500G0eDvrz:ref

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm very sorry that this issue is still unresolved. 

I'll send you an email with an update and further information.

Cheers,

Kris

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry meant to say its on the xbox 360
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same problem, same message after 1 or 2 seconds of starting to watch something. Hasn't worked once. It's not the TV, the WiFi connection or the cable. Hav tried all the things everyone else has and still same message.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you have Virgin media try these simple steps to see if this helps

On your NOW TV remote:
1.In the order below, quickly press these buttons 1 after another:
•Home x5
•Fast Forward
•Play
•Rewind
•Play
•Fast Forward
2.Select Disable Network Pings then press the back button and try reconnecting your wireless router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay, so I'm having the same issue on Xbox 360, logs in to app fine but any attempt to watch something results in the message:

'Sorry Now TV isn't available right now. Please try again later. For more information go to www.xbox.com/status' .

I've tried all of the previously mentioned things, with one exception - see below, as well as refreshing my Xbox profile, etc online with Xbox support.

The one thing I haven't tried is a different HDMI cable as I have been using the app successfully on Xbox 360 for three months with the exact same set-up.

Is there a realistic scenario in which it would have suddenly stopped working in the past few days? Because that must be something which has changed with the app, so you should know.

I'm reluctant to spend money on something (a new HDMI cable) which is  not actually the issue, I'm already losing money paying for a service that isn't working.

This is my last month of the offer I purchased, I won't renew if the issue  isn't resolved promptly.

I spoke to someone at NowTV a couple of days ago, who decided the hard restart was the way forward as I had tried all the troubleshooting suggestings, including uninstalling and reinstalling. Four times.

The hard restart worked for a day, then back to the same issue. Tried again, it worked for another day, then the hard restart wouldn't work. I tried a hard restart and restarting the router together. No joy.

As other people have mentioned, I'm having no problems with Netflix or Amazon film.

I'm using the on demand service, not live.

I have Virgin 100MBps, wireless.

I was also having problems watching on my laptop with an error code relating to anti-virus software - which wasn't the issue. That was escalated and today, now works, but the Xbox still doesn't.

Resolution to this problem would be appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Most of these issues were reported a good few months ago and there are no current issues reported.

Have you followed the steps mentioned here.

Also can you give us more information on the error with your PC ?

Error message your getting -

Internet Provider -

Any Anti Virus installed -

Operating System -

Browsers tried -

If running Windows 8.1 or above have you tried the NOW TV App

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been using Now TV successfully until only a few days ago. Now I receive the message

"Oops!

Sorry Now TV isn't available right now. Please try again later. For more information go to www.xbox.com/status"

The status page on the xbox 360 site  just delivers a "page not found" message.

Currently we are paying so that we can watch the entire Game of Thrones Series. The days are counting down, and we are unable to access. I will be looking for a full reimbursement if we can not rectify this issue directly.

I have deleted all Now TV app from storage and have reinstalled. Same error. It gets a few seconds in then Gives the "oops!" message above

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same problem for 3 weeks now. I have to keep retrying but today it was ridiculous. I couldn't watch nowtv at all. It's not my internet because I can watch Netflix etc. It needs sorting ASAP
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've got issues with the Xbox 360 can you try clearing the cache, and or try a wireless connection. Can you let us know which other steps you've tried?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased Now tv for my Xbox 360. Worked for 1 day then a message "oops something went wrong" I have tried every step you have mentioned and have never experienced problems before ie (amazon and Netflix) this is clearly a problem with now tv app on xbox 360. Will this ever be resolved or should I just cancel my Now TV? Thank you