cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering

Recently it is taking ages for menus to load and for programmes to play. When programmes do start the picture quality is very poor and frequently hang while the box tries to buffer. I'm using a nowtv box. Network speed is fine (Netflix works perfectly). The service used to be good but has deteriorated recently. This is getting very frustrating. Is this a general problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem solved by buying the new (black) version of the Now TV box. Recommend this to anyone having buffering problems with the white box, although charging £15 to replace a product that no clearly longer works properly is a bit naughty. And it would be good if the Now TV reps on this site acknowledged the widely reported problems rather than always suggesting that it is something to do with our internet connections.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had some issues with quality, have you tried clearing the cache? Also try a wired connection if possible which can help with the viewing experience. 

Can you also try rebooting the router. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How would I clear the cache please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, have a look at the below:

• Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Storage or Memory.
  • Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  • Select Clear System Cache.
  • When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried your cache protocol and cannot follow it!! When I select "settings" I do NOT get the option of then selecting "System Settings" NOR the options of "Storage" or "Memory". I simply have "System" and then various options including "System upgrade" and "System restart".

I too am having ridiculous buffering problems every few seconds whilst trying to watch any movie. This is incredibly annoying and was why I ditched buying passes several months ago. I had hoped something might have improved since then . . . but no.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the help in this post is for users with an Xbox 360. I've offered some advice for your white NOW TV box in your other thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem solved by buying the new (black) version of the Now TV box. Recommend this to anyone having buffering problems with the white box, although charging £15 to replace a product that no clearly longer works properly is a bit naughty. And it would be good if the Now TV reps on this site acknowledged the widely reported problems rather than always suggesting that it is something to do with our internet connections.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything to avoid 'the buffer'. Wired up to the wifi, making sure java//adobe are updated,refreshing nowtv,re-installing silverlight, resetting router.. but no nothing has been working for days now. I am a new customer and I am not very happy with this. If problems are not sorted and do persist i will cancel my subscriptions :s & just to tell you i am using a windows 7 laptop.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing buffering issues on your device. 

Can you please let me know if you can perform a speed test, just to check the speeds you are receiving? 

Do you experience this issue on any other device? 

I can see that you have tried a number of troubleshooting steps, so if you could try on a different device that would be great. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @Karl-F, Thank you for replying and hoping to solve this but...I am still having issues and it is nothing to do with speed as that was also checked, it basically works on and off and it's the same on other devices. If there was issues with broadband i'd be on to sky right away but there's not, so i no longer know what to do as this is service i am paying for yet not gaining? I'll either cancel wanting a refund or have an extra month as I have lost out on streaming your movies, Many thanks Tiff.