Unable to Launch NOW TV App on YouView Click here for more info
Occasional Poster

now tv constantly freezing and buffering.

For many many months now I've been using ps4 to stream nowtv. Always having problems.
I've had running battles with my IP as I thought it was their broadband service. Recieved new router and had data line checked. Everything running fine with speeds of up to 12mb. But NowTV constantly giving problems on a minute by minute basis. Service is pretty much unusable.

As this is the only way in watch TV I'm very disappointed in the standard or service. Netflix youtube bbc all stream perfectly fine.

Elite 4

Re: now tv constantly freezing and buffering.

Hello @MisterP76 Smiley Happy

Try the advice on this thread:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PlayStation-4/Buffering/m-p/417984#M2905

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
Occasional Poster

Re: now tv constantly freezing and buffering.

thanks for the suggestion above. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference. I think NowTV may just be heavily ubscribed to and struggles to meet the demands :-/

First Poster

Re: Buffering Issue

I hv same probs and i hv 40m hardwiredx connection with no probs ever with netflix or anything else..... just constant buffering events evry 5 mins or so on nowtv
First Poster

Re: Xbox 360 App - Sound out of Sync in Films.

I am having the same problem and again it isn't my connection speed.  It worked fine before I was forced to download this new player, i am very frusrated.  If you post the answer people can read it rather than having to message for this secret PM you are sending people.  Please can you tell me how to fix this issue?

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi there, 

My Now TV player is really awful. When I try to play it on my laptop, the program loads super quick and there are no buffering issues, but the audio skips, jumps and repeats itself all the time, which is really frustrating and I can't watch any shows at all. 

There is nothing wrong with my internet speed (just checked), and I've tried connecting it via cable. Netflix etc work absolutely fine, so I think it is a problem with the app. 

Can you please advise me as to what to do next? I'm paying for an entertainment pass so it would be great to actually watch the shows! (hopefully this is sorted before game of thrones comes out on monday Smiley Sad)

Thanks, 

Izzy

First Poster

Same buffering issue here.

Ethernet connected to 70mb virgin broadband, no issues with Netflix or Amazon but NowTV is a blurry mess.

As other said annoying to be paying for something that most of the time is old, warped VHS quality at best.
First Poster

Same here, black box connected via Ethernet to 1 gigabit router (!), and still buffers with pixelated picture!
Occasional Poster

terrible service, paid £6.99 to watch a game of football but totally lagging and spending whole time searching fro a solution. i want my money back.

First Poster

Re: It keeps freezing every 30 seconds every time I attempt to watch anything on now tv.

I have had it I shell not pay any more money towards now TV any more I have been a member for a long time but the last 2 months have been to much every time I watch a movie or any TV channel it keeps freezing or stopping anything I am trying to watch...no the internet is fine..now TV have got a big problem with there now TV until they resolve all the now TV am out no more payments....bloody desgusting....