cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blank screen

Ive been having trouble with now tv on my xbox 360. It was working fine now all i get is a blank screen. Ive unistalled it reinstalled it and it still does not work
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

I have been provided some more steps by our team for you to try 🙂

Reset display settings

1. Make sure that there's no disc in the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console.

Note If you’re using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, make sure only one wireless controller is connected to the console and then turn off and restart the console by using the Guide button on that controller.

1. As the console starts, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger on the controller. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts. 
    Xbox 360 E or Xbox 360 S console: To reset display setting on these console models, you can also just turn off the console and then hold the power button on the front of the console down for about 10 seconds. (The lights will flash several times.)

Try a lower screen resolution

If you’re having problems with HDTV viewing, try a lower screen resolution setting. To access these settings:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings and select System Settings.
  2. Select Console Settings.
  3. Select Display.
  4. Select HDTV Settings.

Can you let me know how you get on ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for being so patient with me, I have had an email back from the team.

They have asked if you could lower the resolution setting to 720p only, If that doesn't work could you try the 576i Option.

For some reason it looks like your TV is automatically adjusting the resolution when your watching.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks very much for your patience again.

Our tech team are completely stumped as to what is causing your blank screen.

They have suggested that you contact XBOX Support and see if they are able to suggest anything to help.

Sorry

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive tried all of the above and still had no luck
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know @Anonymous User

I will go back to the teams and see what else they can recommend.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No andy still not working
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User for letting me know.

I will go back to the team 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi andy ive done that this morning and they told me its down to now tv. I dont want to b kept going back and foth over this matter to xbox then now tv. Ive not been able to watch on my xbox for at least 3 months. Yes i can watch on a iphone but the screens to small. I should b able to watch on tv knowing ive payed my members fee
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive had enough now not working on xbox im cancelling my member ship why should i pay for now tv when it dont even work. I see alot of people have issues with it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can see that the team is still investigating this one. 

Have you tried our other compatible devices? There's many ways to watch our content on your TV! Just click here.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team